+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Don't bag the other parent

My kids came home from a week at their father's house today. My 7yo seems out of sorts and gets teary, saying 'I want dad to live with us. Why can't he live with us anymore?' And I explained that dad and I fought too much when we lived in the same house and that we had stopped being friends but now that we don't live together we don't fight anymore.

My son then says to me 'well dad says he doesn't live with us any more because YOU stopped loving him.'

While this is true, our 7yo doesn't need to be told this sort of stuff. It's playing games with his head and isn't fair on him. My XH is a total douche who has made my life hell but I don't tell my son that, regardless of the fact that its the truth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have not read the replies but:
    I agree no matter what the other parent has done. This is your childs other half and degrading the other parent is never a good thing or even acceptable to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have not read the replies but:
    I agree no matter what the other parent has done. This is your childs other half and degrading the other parent is never a good thing or even acceptable to me.