+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Don't bag the other parent

Quote Originally Posted by MeetTheBluths View Post
    ExDP and I would never bag each other to DS. We are adults. In fact exDP said to me yesterday 'so how is our little man? He definitely got the best if both of us didn't he?'. Yes, yes he did

Some people have very good reason to bag the other parent but it doesn't mean they should. It must be do frustrating for the parent who makes the effort while the other carries on like a jack-as*
    Well said

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It's a great article and something I feel strongly about.

After what exDH has done to me, I have zilch respect left for him as a husband/father/person in general. But he is still my sons father and always will be, bagging him out will only cause resentment later in life.

I'm a strong believer that children will always learn the truth one day in these situations anyway - I certainly did with my parents. I don't need to damage DS's relationship with his Dad at such a young age. One day he will know what he did to us and form his own opinions anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I don't bag him out to DD though he sure as hell would deserve it. He has no part in her life by his own choosing, but I don't want her to grow up thinking that maybe he was actually a decent guy... And I just made it all up. So I say nothing bad.

I let her have her thoughts. She says he's a bad dad. I ask her why. I say, "well yes that doesn't sound very nice does it?" But not go, "yep I hate him."

Not around her, not to her.

She can make up her own mind without me telling her what to think.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Love it.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I don't bag him out to DD though he sure as hell would deserve it. He has no part in her life by his own choosing, but I don't want her to grow up thinking that maybe he was actually a decent guy... And I just made it all up. So I say nothing bad.

I let her have her thoughts. She says he's a bad dad. I ask her why. I say, "well yes that doesn't sound very nice does it?" But not go, "yep I hate him."

Not around her, not to her.

She can make up her own mind without me telling her what to think.
    As usual sass, right on the money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Don't bag the other parent

When my parents said things about the other parent it didn't make me feel bad about myself. What it did do is make me not want to spend time with them because I didn't want to hear it.

No kid wants to hear their parent badmouthing the other parent. It is basically asking them to choose which isn't fair.

I was lucky that I was old enough to choose who I lived with and so I chose when I wanted to see my other parent. It improved our relationship when they finally realised that I wouldn't listen to negative things.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Agree we never say bad thing about BM around DSD. Doesn't mean we don't vent behind closed doors sometimes but even that is farther apart these days

Thanks
    Reviews

This is great!!! I have always made sure DH hasn't said things about DSS's mum even when her actions are totally infuriating. I only wish she would read this.

Thanks
    Reviews

Agreed 110%.

We don't bag FOB or his wife to DS (7) and it is infact court ordered that we aren't allowed to (either them or us!)

FOB/wife however... Well today DS told me "they called you the naughty B word mum" and "they said you're fat"... Along with "they said I would go live with them and not see you anymore".

It makes me want to tear my hair out.

Poor DS was so distraught that my heart broke for him. I hate FOB for it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by PinkSmarties View Post

FOB/wife however... Well today DS told me "they called you the naughty B word mum" and "they said you're fat"... Along with "they said I would go live with them and not see you anymore".
    That is disgusting!! grrr
    Can you make note of things like this and bring it up if you have mediation again?