+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Don't bag the other parent

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (19-01-2013),Pen14  (20-01-2013)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Seen how my DH is after his parents doing it I agree.. Not to mention 24 years later they still do it with his 12 & 14 yo Nephews, who's parents do it as well.. You can see how it effects a person.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I've seen this previously and I totally agree with it.

My XH might be a total douche but it is unacceptable to vent this to my children because they ARE half him, half me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I totally agree! I never ever EVER bag out my ex to DS. Ever. This article sums up exactly how I feel and have always felt.

My ex, however, thinks nothing of bagging me out to DS from time to time. In fact I'd like to print this off to show him. We are amicable, but sometimes DS comes home saying stuff and it totally gives away what my ex has been saying. I wish for DS's sake ex would not do this as it can't be good for DS to hear that

I only ever talk positively about my ex to DS, I don't understand why he can't do the same

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Don't bag the other parent

Very well said. I think some people I know would benefit from reading this

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Don't bag the other parent

I believe this also goes for grandparents too. My mother hated my fathers parents and always made negative comments about them. I never ready made an effort growing up until I was older and went to visit them in their nursing home when really out wa too late. As much as my dps mother annoys me I don't want to do the same to my children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never bag out ds dad. Despite the fact that he never sees him and months to by without a CSa payment. I think ds is smart enough to know who cares about him and who doesn't...

Thanks
    Reviews
    ExDP and I would never bag each other to DS. We are adults. In fact exDP said to me yesterday 'so how is our little man? He definitely got the best if both of us didn't he?'. Yes, yes he did

Some people have very good reason to bag the other parent but it doesn't mean they should. It must be do frustrating for the parent who makes the effort while the other carries on like a jack-as*

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetTheBluths View Post
    ExDP and I would never bag each other to DS. We are adults. In fact exDP said to me yesterday 'so how is our little man? He definitely got the best if both of us didn't he?'. Yes, yes he did

Some people have very good reason to bag the other parent but it doesn't mean they should. It must be do frustrating for the parent who makes the effort while the other carries on like a jack-as*
    My ex bags me because I left him, so he is kind of 'bitter and twisted' about the whole thing. He thought nothing of arguing in front of DS when we were together, whereas I refused to. Then because I refused to argue he would verbally abuse me, so I couldn't win. Either I kept arguing in front of DS, or I refused to and got abused for it. He said he wanted DS to know the truth I don't see how it benefits DS at all to know why we argued. All he needs to know is that his parents love him. Our adult business should not be of concern to him, in my opinion. I wish exH saw it the same way.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (19-01-2013)