+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Holiday suggestions!

We would like to take a mid year break during July/August for about 4/5 nights.

Some of our ideas so far are:

- hamilton island
    - fiji
    - thailand
    - bali

Ideally we'd like somewhere with babysitting services or kids club as we'd like to do a dive or something while we're there.

We are after a family friendly resort that has a good reputation for it's services in general.

Our preference is to get a fly/stay package.

Any recommendations appreciated!

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Broome is great (Cable Beach)

Thanks
    Reviews

Or Port Douglas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Tia,

Depending on the ages of your children, and how far you would like to fly.

From Brisbane to Hamilton Island is a great deal different from Perth to Fiji, the same Sydney to Bali v's Perth to Bali.

I would look at flight times first and decide on what you are prepared to do.

I have been to all of the destinations you have mentioned, and there are pros and cons to each. All offer diving, babysitting/kids clubs etc, so flights would be my first decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the responses.

DS will be 18 months when we go, we'll be flying out of melbourne. I'm not really worried about flight times too much so it's not too much of a barrier. We just drove 12 hours back from our camping trip and he was great in the car.

I suppose our main objectives are to have an easy holiday - after camping we need somewhere to rest and relax without really having to think about much.

I've been to bali, thailand but not with a bub so I'm not really sure of where people would stay and what they would advise...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I'm not sure too many places have kids club for under 2's

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Padma in Legian has an awsome kids club for all ages, and you can get innexpensive child minders in your room if you want to go out while bubs is asleep. Ask for a room in the 700's and 800's on that side of the resort.

Thanks
    Reviews

I took my almost 2yr old to Fiji in Sept last year. We stayed at the Naviti Resort which I highly recommend. I have been to Fiji 3 times now and it is fantastic for families. Most resorts have kids club but I think they need to be at least 3 or 4 to attend. They all have babysitting services and are very cheap. The Fijian people are so warm and kind and will always help out with kids. We flew out of Melb and it was a 4 hr flight so not very long. Feel free to ask any more questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Fiji might be a good option? Staying at a resort is very relaxing. I believe you can hire a babysitter through the resorts without too much hassle (I think kids have to be 3 or over for kids club).

Thanks
    Reviews

I'd also recommend Fiji. Been there twice myself (got engaged there, then went back as part of our honeymoon).

They have some fantastic resorts and I'd recommend the Radisson in denarau island (not really an island, more a peninsula, 20 mins from the airport in Nadi). Very reasonable price (somewhere between $150-250 a night and they often have stay 1 night get 2nd night free sort of promotions on their website) for 5 stars and totally geared towards families (kids club, 3 pools, kids pool with water slide, babysitting). There are lots of families at this hotel.
    There are also about 5 other resorts next door and you can walk along a path along the water and visit the other hotels to shop, eat etc. they also have an open air mini bus that takes you to the local port where u can go on day cruises, diving, shopping and eating etc.

The Fijians are known for their friendliness and they adore kids.
    Flight time is about 5 hrs from melb, u can fly virgin, air pacific, qantas).
    Check out the air pacific website, sometimes they have packages like kids fly and stay free.

If u can't already tell, I love Fiji and defiantly want to take my kids (when I have them!) there some day.