+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mild spotting and cramping at 8 weeks but positive blood tests - any one else?

Hi, I feel like an emotional wreck at the moment, I am 8 weeks 2 days, I had a scan at 7 weeks and had healthy heart beat, and there was a cyst on my ovary. A few days after the scan, about 5 days ago I started spotting, very light, if I wasn't looking I wouldn't have seen it, ie one drop, then another drop the next day what appeared to be old blood. Last night Dr rang me at told me my hcg levels had risen from 41,000 a week ago to 79,000 which he said was good however I did query him that it could have been higher as it was a week difference and now going down which he agreed was possible. Today, after being up a few hours I went to the toilet and wiped a much larger amount blood. I have had very mild cramps which I am paying way to much attention to, if I was out and about I may not even notice. I had a previous miscarriage a few years ago, but bled more much earlier on. I was hopeful with this pregnancy having no bleeding at all until 5 days ago. I feel so much anxiety over this. Dr has given me form for another scans which I cant book until Monday. I wish I could have scan today, I just want to know. Saddest thing is we have no children and due to my age this is our last chance Did anyone else have similar symptoms and go on to have a baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Vicki,

I can't help with the healthy baby bit but I am in sort of the same boat so can emphathise. I'm 7 weeks 4 days and yesterday had some light brown spotting. I called the clinic and since I'm also using progesterone pessaries and have been for 6 weeks they put it down to that since they can irritate the cervix. I had my levels done again this morning just in case and my HCG has gone from 27095 on Monday to 47533 today (yay!). I have my scan on Monday so looking forward to seeing the heartbeat *fingers crossed*.

Could you go to emergency to have a scan maybe?

Hang in there!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella83 For This Useful Post:

vicki1  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, yes I did. I had bleeding from about 7 weeks on and off for my whole pregancy with my now 13yr old. I had no reason for the bleeding but she was fine the whole time. It was very stressful though and I worried constantly.

I also had some bleeding at about 7.5 weeks with my twin pregancy which stopped and again they were fine.

Goodluck. I hope its nothing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dannielle For This Useful Post:

vicki1  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, me again, thought I would add an update, I had my scan this afternoon, it wasnt good, there was still a perfect little fetus and for a moment I held hope, sadly there was no heart beat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mild spotting and cramping at 8 weeks but positive blood tests - any one else?

I couldn't read and not give you a hug. xxxxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mumoftwoboys2005 For This Useful Post:

vicki1  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Biggest of hugs.
    Just incase you didnt know, the cyst would have been the corpus luteal cyst that forms in the 1st trimester. It is normal. It disappears when placenta takes over later. Your foetus will never be forgotton. xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews

So sorry for your loss

Thanks
    Reviews

Vicki1 just want to let you know how truly sadden I am for your loss. I was reading your posts and was hoping all was well. Wish you all the best

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lovingmama For This Useful Post:

vicki1  (03-03-2013)