+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Some advice, off pill and still no bleeding?

Hi all,
    ANYONE ELSE have a similar story or advice? so I stopped taking the pill on 21st of December and actually stopped bleeding on the 26th, If I have a 28 day cycle would mean I am due yesterday (the 18th Jan) but I haven't got anything and I've done 3 preg test and all negative. No faint line or anything, We are trying to conceive so I'm just wondering what people's thoughts on this could be,

for my first pregnancy I stopped pil and 19days later had a 4 day bleed and then was UTD! So I'm just confused as I haven't had even had a breakthrough bleed at all this time
    TIA ❤

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm a bit confused. You said you haven't had a breakthrough bleed, but said you stopped bleeding on 26th December. When we're you expecting a breakthrough bleed?

I have heard that it can take your body 6-12 months to get back to normal after the pill. I had perfect 28 day cycles before going on the pill and since stopping, I had 21-24 day cycles. Other women on here have stopped the pill and have had really long cycles. Some have mentioned 30+ day cycles. Someone else was 55 days

It sounds like your body might just be settling after the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Some advice, off pill and still no bleeding?

i stopped the pill november 2011 and have had only two periods since (june &sep). i am at the extreme but gives you an idea that you shouldnt be too suprised if it doesnt come back asap. sorry not much advise but give yourself a little time.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kayem View Post
    i stopped the pill november 2011 and have had only two periods since (june &sep). i am at the extreme but gives you an idea that you shouldnt be too suprised if it doesnt come back asap. sorry not much advise but give yourself a little time.
    I agree - give yourself a little time.
    When I stopped the pill in April 2011 - I didn't get a period for 95 days.

Some people bounce back as normal and manage to get UTD quickly - but our bodies change all the time and don't necessarily do what we think they are going to do.

up in the sky so high zoom zoom zooma zoom zoom
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My advice just wait it out, if later in the month you have preg symptoms .... test. Whenever we have TTC which was only twice lol i stopped birth control had an initial bleed, about 5 days or so then was utd before my next cycle. So it can happen, even if its still early days best to wait 3-4 weeks just in case and test again, if then brightside no Af that month lol! It can take up to 12 months for your cycle to even out after long term BC

Thanks
    Reviews

I've stopped the pill twice in my adult life- first time it took over 12months to get into a "normal" cycle. Last time I went off was oct 2011- had random cycles (anywhere from 18 days to 50 days!) until I got pregnant in may 2012.....didn't think I would as cycles were so crazy and random but first go "trying" worked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Oooodles of women come off the pill and it can take their bodies 2-3 months (or longer) to regulate and go onto have their natural cycles instead of sugar week periods which are "fake".

I personally would be tracking Ovulation. I know it sounds odd but .. I stopped the pill on the 26th September 2012. I never had a spot of blood. No sugar week, no withdrawal bleed ... no nothing.

I Figured, Might aswell start OPK'ing for the sake of it.

I Ovulated on the 29th October, I had a Positive HPT on the 7th November.

Since coming off the pill and getting pregnant straight away, I never got a period Certainly CAN happen!