+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 170
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,330
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Let's get moving!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I hope things improve up there for you guys soon!!!

    Still, you manage to make amazingly healthy and delicious meals
    Yeah I hope we get some stock through soon. Luckily I have a bit in my freezer.

    The only fresh food I have left is pumpkin, corn, tomato, lettuce, capsicum, avocado, grapes, pears and dates!! And I think there's only about 2 days worth of that between the boys and me. Then we'll be on to baked beans, couscous and rice with our meat. I figure I'll ration it out as best as I can. They'll happily eat spaghetti on toast though so I'm not too worried as it's only short term. I'm trying my best to eat as well as I can given the circumstances.

    I went to the gym and got a new program (well two alternating programs actually) to target my body a little harder. I felt like my original program was pretty simple and even though I was upping the weights I wanted something a little more intense.... Now I understand the saying 'be careful what you wish for' after doing only one set to demonstrate my new program my body is aching today!! I'm nervous about doing 3!! But at least I feel like my time is being well spent. My trainer was a bit excited to push me!! I couldn't get to the gym today time wise but I'll be doing it tomorrow night. I'm determined to start working harder at running again. I want to get back to running 10km without stopping. At the moment I feel like I'm going to die after 2km so I have a long road ahead of me.

    How is everyone else going??

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: Let's get moving!!!!

    Hmm it's been quiet in here.
    Theboys&me hope things have improved for you.
    babyla you still amaze me with your food creations!

    I have had a stressful week my daughter started kindergarten lol I managed to lose half a kilo so pretty happy about that.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

    Default Re: Let's get moving!!!!

    I have been pretty slack exercise-wise. I'm back at tafe as of this week and DS1 is back at school so i am still getting into the swing of things. I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to getting up early... Had planned to exercise on my days off but so far they have been filled with dramas like expensive, emergency dental procedures..aarrgh!
    Food wise i've kept my diet pretty clean with a few slip ups here and there.
    I got a couple of samples of those tony ferguson shakes and gave them a shot. I'm pretty sure they played havoc with my blood sugar though as i was insanely tired not long after having them. Guess it's not surprising when i looked at the ingedients and fructose was number one..so don't think i will be going down the shakes path.
    DS2 starts school next week so i will have a couple of days free for exercise at least- so no excuses! Lol.
    I haven't bothered to weigh myself this week. I figure it will only disapoint me.
    How is everyone else going?

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,330
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Let's get moving!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mummyrissa View Post
    Hmm it's been quiet in here.
    Theboys&me hope things have improved for you.
    babyla you still amaze me with your food creations!

    I have had a stressful week my daughter started kindergarten lol I managed to lose half a kilo so pretty happy about that.
    Yep the shops are all stocked up now. Oh how did she go at kindy?? Yep a loss is a loss ... Nice work!!!

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,330
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Let's get moving!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I have been pretty slack exercise-wise. I'm back at tafe as of this week and DS1 is back at school so i am still getting into the swing of things. I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to getting up early... Had planned to exercise on my days off but so far they have been filled with dramas like expensive, emergency dental procedures..aarrgh!
    Food wise i've kept my diet pretty clean with a few slip ups here and there.
    I got a couple of samples of those tony ferguson shakes and gave them a shot. I'm pretty sure they played havoc with my blood sugar though as i was insanely tired not long after having them. Guess it's not surprising when i looked at the ingedients and fructose was number one..so don't think i will be going down the shakes path.
    DS2 starts school next week so i will have a couple of days free for exercise at least- so no excuses! Lol.
    I haven't bothered to weigh myself this week. I figure it will only disapoint me.
    How is everyone else going?

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Yeah I'm in the same boat - I've been setting my alarm to go to the gym in the morning at 5am but keep snoozing it. We're all back into the swing of day care, prep and me teaching so my week has just flown by!!

    I just got back from the gym but earlier today I did something I haven't done in a while.... I turned to crappy food just because I was feeling down. I ate a pie (well a few bites and it was gross) AND a hedgehog slice. I felt the vomiting about 5 minutes later. My body just can't handle yucky food anymore - it made me feel terrible hence my visit to the gym ... But it was a lesson learnt!

    Harvestmoon I wonder if you'd like protein shakes ... The isolates/whey ones I've heard are good and I like them. I've got to order more but I find they are great after a workout or as a breakfast on the go if I'm busting out the door.

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

    Default Re: Let's get moving!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Yeah I'm in the same boat - I've been setting my alarm to go to the gym in the morning at 5am but keep snoozing it. We're all back into the swing of day care, prep and me teaching so my week has just flown by!!

    I just got back from the gym but earlier today I did something I haven't done in a while.... I turned to crappy food just because I was feeling down. I ate a pie (well a few bites and it was gross) AND a hedgehog slice. I felt the vomiting about 5 minutes later. My body just can't handle yucky food anymore - it made me feel terrible hence my visit to the gym ... But it was a lesson learnt!

    Harvestmoon I wonder if you'd like protein shakes ... The isolates/whey ones I've heard are good and I like them. I've got to order more but I find they are great after a workout or as a breakfast on the go if I'm busting out the door.
    I want to get into the habit of getting up at 5:30 so i can do 30 mins on the treadmill each morning. I just about burst into tears when my alarm goes off at 6 though so i'm not sure how that will pan out..lol

    Sounds like a good lesson to learn despite how gross you initially felt. . It's funny how things change when you change your diet. I've actually been craving kale of late. I don't think leafy greens are something i've ever craved in the past..lol

    I'm not sure about the protein shakes. Can you buy a soy version? Do they have much in the way of nutrional value? Hmm... I should look into them.


    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,330
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Let's get moving!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I want to get into the habit of getting up at 5:30 so i can do 30 mins on the treadmill each morning. I just about burst into tears when my alarm goes off at 6 though so i'm not sure how that will pan out..lol

    Sounds like a good lesson to learn despite how gross you initially felt. . It's funny how things change when you change your diet. I've actually been craving kale of late. I don't think leafy greens are something i've ever craved in the past..lol

    I'm not sure about the protein shakes. Can you buy a soy version? Do they have much in the way of nutrional value? Hmm... I should look into them.


    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Haha!!! I actually find myself at night thinking 'okay if I fall to sleep now I'll have 7 hours.... Alright if I fall to sleep now I'll have 6 hours ...' ha - I'm really Terrible at actually falling to sleep :/

    I would buy them from a proper health or supplement shop. Often the ones from chemists are loaded with extra sugar and carbs. From advice from my trainer at the gym you need to look for the ones with isolates and whey. I've just bought optimal nutritional gold standard whey protein. I read a lot of reviews and it always comes out on top in terms of nutrition. My friend sampled me some too so I could taste it and it's one I actually like. I've tried ones from the chemist ages ago and they weren't the best. hope that helps.

    Don't feel pressured to though - I only suggested it in place of weightloss shakes as protein supplements aid in losing weight as well as a lot of other benefits.

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,330
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Let's get moving!!!!

    Well I can finally get my eating squeaky clean again ... Our supermarket shelves have been restocked!! So fresh fruit & veg here I come!!

    Breakfast
    Rolled spelt grain with half a banana, grapes and no fat natural Greek yoghurt

    ImageUploadedByBub Hub1359843290.002799.jpg

    Will be heading to the gym for cardio around lunch time today.

    I weighed myself this morning 66.3kg ... So I'm up 0.4kg since this thread started. I have eaten a little badly and had a weekend of drinking beer last weekend so now I just need to focus.

    How is everyone going??

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,330
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Let's get moving!!!!

    C'mon ladies!!! Let's get back into the swing of things.

    This is my b'fast and lunch. Also snacked on nuts and dried fruit.

    ImageUploadedByBub Hub1359948838.647573.jpg

    Plan to have roast chicken with steamed veg for dinner and do weights and cardio at the gym tonight.

    Please share

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

    Default Re: Let's get moving!!!!

    I had weetbix, banana and lsa for breakfast, watermelon for morning tea, salad for lunch and some almonds for afternoon tea.
    For dinner i've bought some bok choy and broccolini and will use what ever other vegies are in the fridge and make a black pepper sauce stir fry for dinner.

    Exercise wise, i'm still being slack. I think i'll try and get moving later in the week when i have less on.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub


 

Similar Threads

  1. Moving!
    By Brandnewbeginnings in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18-06-2012, 13:59
  2. We're moving!!
    By Littlemissmetal in forum Northern Gold Coast
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 18:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
HuggleBib
The HuggleBib is not "just another" baby bib. Sure, your child may be a messy eater who gets more food ON them rather than IN them, so you dread cleaning after feeding times! Well the HuggleBib is THE best solution to help with all these daily tasks!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!