+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Let's get moving!!!!

So I've FINALLY started to lose again. For those who don't know me I lost around 25kg but ended up putting a few kg back on and found myself at 69kg. I always eat relatively healthy but lately I'd found myself getting slack and eating a few things I shouldn't plus drinking waaaay too much beer and wine.

So I've tightened up my food and drastically reduced my drinking (I'd like to have nothing but it's a part of my social life and I enjoy it). I've also been hitting the gym almost daily.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm 65.9kg so I'm getting back on track. Ideally I'd like to be 55 -58kg so I have a bit of work ahead of me.

Who'd like to join me to encourage each other and report and support??
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 19-01-2013 at 09:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Let's get moving!!!!

Well I'm back up to 70 and want to get down to 60-65.

I'm in, but so not doing gym lol

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'll join in. I have a fair bit to lose... I am planning on following the Dash diet as I developed Pre-eclampsia in my first pregnancy. I'd like to ttc around June this year but need to lose weight first. I am quite short so my ideal weight is about 50 kg but I will be happy to get to 60 kg to conceive. I would like to go to the gym but I just don't think that is going to happen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Welcome ladies!!! Izy to be honest I think the reason the gym is getting me there at the moment is because it is air conditioned and where I live it's like a stinking sauna!! Haha

I've not heard of the dash diet?? I'm just eating really clean - avoiding processed food, sugar and bread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

I'm a life timer with weight watchers so loss of fresh non-processed foods. Everything us ok, as long as it's in moderation, and smaller portion sizes.

for example i'd snuck up to having two sandwiches for lunch, even though one will fill me. Need to make a conscious effort to listen to myself!

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect
    Last edited by Izy; 19-01-2013 at 09:17.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh weight watchers is def my program of choice if I were to follow one. I had success with it many years ago (pre children) and my mum lost over 40kg and my sister over 20kg on it. They've kept it off too!!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies, I have a weight watchers subscription too but I've been too slack to follow it for two months. Very naughty. I have a lot more weight to lose then you guys. It's such a long journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in.

I could have written your OP!

My weight had stablised at 59kg before Christmas and I was stoked, I thought only 4kg to go to my goal weight - goal weight is 55kg.

But naturally we go on holidays and I pig - big time! I put on 4kg in a couple of weeks - so unfair how quickly it goes on compared to coming off.

Anyway - I'm 63kg. I had lost a total of 16kg after having DS a year ago, that figure is now 12kg loss.

I have committed to doing yoga twice a week and walking on the other days.

Part of my wanting to do this is increasing my vitality and energy levels. At the moment I feel sluggish and down because I can't wear anything I want to and
    I refuse to go shopping until I'm at least 57kg.

I pretty much follow the DASH diet too Albert01 - I have had a lot of success with in especially in regards to my blood pressure which I take meds for.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DASH is - Dietry Approaches to Stopping Hypertension.

It has recently become more popular as it was rated the healthiest diet plan available. Probably because it has a focus on lowering bp, eating clean and following manageable guidelines eg: no added salt.

Here's a link:

http://www.dashforhealth.com/about-d...u-eating-plan/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Can i join too? I'm on a weight loss mission as well. I started at 86.1kgs and i'm now 80.5. I still have a long way to go as ideally i would like to be 65kgs at the most.
    My weight ballooned when i had DS2, 5 years ago and i've since stacked on more and developed insulin resistance, making it even harder to lose weight.
    Atm i'm doing a juice fast/detox to kick start things and i'm going to drag out my treadmill and have a go at the c25k program.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub