+ Reply to Thread
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is this unreasonable?

So Dh and I both need to lose weight. I buy good food, but because he is always after it, some bad stuff sneaks in. I could happily not have it in the house. Anyway DH wants to do lite n easy. He lost weight on it in the past, but he gained it all back. I don't want to di it because I still have to cook for dd, and I don't know what is in their meals. I also think that they will not teach him anything about eating well and won't help him to create new habbits, which sets him up for a fall.
    He is lazy when it comes to food - just wants to go to the fridge and have something right there, and I want him to get in the habbit of thinking *If i just combine that bread, that cheese, that cchicken and those leaves, I may have a decent lunch* but he will never do that. And lite n easy is expensive, and we don't have much disposable money. I will support him in eating better by preparing stuff for us both, but I wil not do this forever. I want him to acknowledge that eating requires effort, and not just on my behalf.

Is it wrong of me to poo poo the lite n easy idea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

No, it's an expensive unsustainable way of being fed. He needs to learn about good nutrition, not eat sugar filled tiny prepackaged meals. I have done lite n easy so I know what I am talking about
    What actually worked for me was reading the sugar exposés by David Gillepsie. I lost (and have kept off) 7 kg without even trying and I am not a big person

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Why don't you suggest weight watchers? They give you recipes and they are fantastic and you child can eat them too? See if he will compromise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe.... Pre cut everything up to make it easier on him when he opens the fridge. I know I would rather get a ... bag of chips instead of having to cut everything up for a healthy lunch. If it was all done before hand and all I had to do was wack it on a plate, I would more than likely to get healthy

Thanks
    Reviews

I loved lite n easy, lost 7kg a few years ago and kept it off. That was all I had to lose. I didn't find the cost prohibitive and luckily my DH just cooked for himself when I was doing it.

I think lite n easy teaches you a lot about portion size, it shocked me how small the servings were at first. Also shifted my calorie load to the morning instead of the evening....and it makes you space your meals so you are eating little bits constantly instead of a hunger-binge pattern.
    I get that we all know those things on an intellectual level, but sometimes it is about training your body to do them.

It definitely worked for me. You may find that what works for you may not work for your husband so if you're both serious you might have to try different diet strategies and just focus on the exercise component together?

Thanks
    Reviews

You can also just do a 'breakfast & lunch' package with L&E so maybe your husband could do that, then just eat healthy dinner with you?