+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lesbian couple in Perth looking for advice from other gay parents

Hi,

We are a lesbian couple, recently moved to Perth from the UK. We've been thinking about starting a family for a while now and have done quite a bit of research in the UK. We had a good network of friends who had been through the process but now we're here and are a bit out of the loop :-)

We're looking to meet some gay/lesbian parents in the Perth area who can share their experiences and give us some much needed inside info on the process.

Thanks,

Linda & Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Lesbian couple in Perth looking for advice from other gay parents

Hi! We are not in perth (in brisbane) but may be able to answer some questions for you. What sort of advice were you after? We are a lesbian couple with one child and another on the way.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lesbian couple in Perth looking for advice from other gay parents

Hi! Thanks for your response and congrats on your second pregnancy! When is the baby due? We're looking for some advice on the donation process, website, clinics etc. We had started the process in the UK through prideangel and had made contact with potential donors. I know there are donors in Oz on there too but we were wondering what other sites people used. Cheers, Linda

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Lesbian couple in Perth looking for advice from other gay parents

Hi! Bub is due in aug Sorry I'm not going to be much help... We used a known donor and did at home insem. I have heard of various sites but not sure which are reputable

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 12 weeks and counting :)

Heyah we are in WA and are expecting our first in March!!

we tried a couple of clinics for Ivf here in Perth and didn't like the attitude much of the docs etc soooo we went to Sydney and because it's very rainbow friendly there we went with Ivf Australia who were great!!
    Worked second cycle in

We did try the free sperm website and met two really nice donors both of whom had gorgeous kids but I (Rach) felt a bit weird knowing Perth is so small and the thought of bumping into the donor down the track weirded me out! Lol
    So yeah, we went with a donor, from the clinic register (so screened, available for contact when bub is 18 and got to see family history and medical info) collected the eggs from Kit and boom I'm the oven!

Let us know if we can help you out with other questions
    Last edited by RachnKit; 30-08-2013 at 23:16. Reason: Add info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am in Brisbane and have been through the DIY AI thing. I know of a few sites ect but will link them tomorrow when I'm on something that isn't my phone. If I don't link them by tomorrow evening give me a prod because I most likely got sidetracked.

(Useless info, I was born in Perth, been over in Qld just over 8 years )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok, websites - I found my donor on co-parents.net. Free to sign up but to read and send messages it is like $50 for 3 months. Another site that I had a few guys contact me on was knowndonorregistry.com I didn't spend a huge amount of time on there though as by the time I came across them I had started talking with my donor.

I think I went onto pride angel as well but didn't find the site overly user friendly so didn't bother. If I think of anything else ill post again