+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Share the Friday night love

While I enjoy marvelling at the horrible things thoughtless people say to pregnant women and mums, how about some happy stories to entertain us this Friday night. What did someone say to you/do for you that pleasantly surprised you?
    Here's mine: When I told my work colleagues I was pregnant, one of them congratulated me but didn't say much else. A few days later I found a beautiful card from him and his wife on my desk, saying how much he enjoyed working with me and respected me and that he knew these qualities would make me a wonderful mother. It was such a thoughtful thing to do and quite a surprise coming from someone 20 years my senior. I shed a little tear at the time and it still makes me a but teary to think about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aw that's so nice.

Mine is nothing compared to that.

But... I normally wear jeans, shorts, mini skirts but today opted to wear a maxi dress. When I picked ds2 up from daycare his carer said I looked really pretty in it. It picked me up a fair bit!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Share the Friday night love

A few of Mum's colleagues bought gifts for dd when she was born. They weren't cheap either! It was so touching because I didn't know them well but they felt such a big part of my pregnancy from hearing about it through Mum.

My grandmother has also been so beautiful with this pregnancy, moreso because she's in on the secret. Because she lives so far away, it's the effort she makes that warms my heart <3

5. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Share the Friday night love

Oh oh, I have another one!
    When I was about to pop with dd, I could hear guys talking as they were checking me out from behind... It was hilarious once I turned around and they realised I was a human incubator. Even though I would normally find it gross that guys so obviously check me out, it was nice to know I still had a good butt haha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Redlips, I had a similar experience with receiving gifts and cards from family friends I hadn't seen since I was a child. DS is the first grandchild on my side and I had a difficult pregnancy, so my mum's friends were thrilled for her and me when DS arrived safely. And it's so cool getting proper parcels in the post!
    Dancing Chipmunk, it's the little things that can give you such a boost. I remember when I was six months pregnant and sick as a dog an older lady came up to me in the supermarket and said, "Well don't you just look wonderful - all the best, my dear". Made my day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

This is going to sound so lame. Have been with dp for 12 years so and he is so technically challenged so when I got my first ever I love you text from him today I got all the butterfly's and couldn't wipe the smile off my face!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Oh and when I was Ina car accident and in hospital DP"s best friend was so worried about me he sent his parents to check I on me. His dad is very high profile and for them to take the time to see me meant so much!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not lame at all, Bpac!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mopeg For This Useful Post:

bpac  (18-01-2013)