+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: In a painful pickle

She doesn't like ring slings. I'd say she's at least 6kg, she hasn't been weighed in a while, but she's 7 weeks and quite chubba. I've been wearing her at least 6 hours a day in it.
    I feel maybe I'm doing it wrong, maybe tying it too tightly and it's pressing on my ribs too much? But if i tied it looser it wouldn't be secure, and it feels fine while I'm wearing it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Misskitty, I was thinking of trying a babywearing group. There's a local woman who is queen of the woven wraps, I'm in awe of her LOL. I might have to stalk her and get her to teach me her magic tricks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was about 6kg when I started using the Ergo, and I never used the insert and didn't have a problem with her legs. I like the idea above with the rolled up towel (hand towel I'd assume!).

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok looks like I'll be pulling out the ergo. Thanks guys!

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default In a painful pickle

You're welcome to try my manduca. It had a built in infant seat. Sounds like you have a Sylvie. She would only ever sleep in the maitai and gave up day sleeps about 3 months. I put her on my back very early because I was so fed up with not being able to do anything. Little bugger had a nap at daycare today and is still awake now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks SPC, I'll trial the ergo and let you know if i need to play with your manduca. Yes, back carry might need to be an option sooner rather than later, I can't do anything for O at the moment without making her awake and grumpy. Babywearing is all well and good when you don't have to wipe bottoms, tie shoelaces or search under the couch for tiny pieces of Lego.

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I've checked my pictures and sylvie was on the back at 4 months and about 5kg, with reasonable head control.

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    I wonder if she is big enough to be in the ergo without the insert, if you put a rolled up towel under her bum to lift her up a bit. Then her legs can poke out the sides and she might like it more. I've heard of people doing that.
    I second this I got to the point where my shoulders and back were absolutely killing me at the end of the day from using my moby. So I bought an ergo and used a rolled up blanket to boost DD up. She is 5 months now and I am still using it as she seems to sit better in there with it underneath her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

YouTube the ergo heart to heart infant insert! I was using it wrong and bub hated it :/
    And if its too warm to use the full insert the little cushion in the bottom comes out so you can just use that by itself