+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default In a painful pickle

So, DD loves the hugabub. My back and ribs, it appears, do not. Anytime I wear it for extended periods I get intense rib and back pain (like, can barely breathe or move) in the evenings. I'm lying here with a heatpack having taken every type of pain medication I could find in the house.
    I don't know what to do- she will not settle anywhere else for a sleep. Not the baby bjorn, not my arms, not the swing, not her cot. She won't be fed to sleep either.
    So my options are- be in excruciating pain every night, or have a baby who doesn't sleep at all and sends me literally over the edge.
    I trialled not using the HaB yesterday. I got one 40 minute sleep out of her at 11am, then she slept no more than 10 minutes at a time for the rest of the day. And we both pretty much cried constantly from about 2-6 when DP got home and took her.
    Help

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe you could try a woven wrap? Its like the stretchy and you can wrap bub in the same way but I found it doesnt hurt my back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Oh gosh that sounds terrible! You can't keep using it if it causes you that much pain!

How about an ergo/ manduca etc? I find that my ergo takes all the weight on my hips so my shoulders and chest doesn't get sore. And bubs is still in that upright snuggly position she obviously likes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no, you poor thing! I don't suppose you still have your Ergo do you? I seem to recall seeing you use it with your DS the first time I met you. Do you think she'd be open to that idea if you got an infant insert? Though I know it would be pretty hot on these hot days we've been having.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: In a painful pickle

I have an ergo but she's too small to get her legs through and won't have her legs bunched up anymore or she screams bloody murder. Although I just realised that i sort of just assumed that their legs have to be bunched up in the insert- is there a way you can use it to get their legs free?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds awful! Could you maybe try a ring sling like a breeze baby. Nice and light and it should be more comfy for you.
    I'm sure you have tried everything but maybe you could try again things like swaddling.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I feel for you reading your post . It's hard to know what is worse, a painful back or a baby who dosnt sleep??
    how old is your DD? My baby is 5 weeks and also loves the hugabub. So do I! She was 4.7kg on Monday and so far I've had no back pain from carrying her in it when we go shopping etc. I'll be so sad when I do...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: In a painful pickle

FL ...how old/weight is bub ?
    I'd also suggest a woven wrap .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I wonder if she is big enough to be in the ergo without the insert, if you put a rolled up towel under her bum to lift her up a bit. Then her legs can poke out the sides and she might like it more. I've heard of people doing that.

I found my ring sling far worse on my back than a wrap. All the weight on one shoulder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I wonder if visiting a baby wearing group might help? A different way of wrapping might be more comfortable for you (because you can't continue being in so much pain) My DS1 loved being in a wrap but DS2 won't be worn at all and has never slept well so I feel your pain.

Do you have much of a community of baby wearers around you that could lend you a woven wrap or any other sorts to trial.

With the ergo, I don't see why you couldn't put her legs through and then just put some support around her neck - how big is she?