+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a key but just do 1 place atm. They are family members so its different. If they are home they just move to another room or outdoor table while I do it so they aren't in the way.

They were going to look for a cleaner and would have given out a key but said they would pay me if I wanted to do it. Its win win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Does anyone have a cleaner come in?

Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post
    Wow waterlily that's cheap where did u find her? Is she in perth by any chance?
    I just had one quite said she doesn't do per house she does per house and ranges from 75-120 and that's wayyy too much.
    Yeah I know! We have had her for over 3 years now. Recommended to us by a friend who has her everyday for an hour.

We used to have her for 6 hours a week when DD was a baby, I think that's why she charged so little but everytime we have tried to up her pay she gets offended, so we just pay her when she is sick or wants time off too.

Sorry I'm in tas. I'd post and ad on gumtree or similar. Word of mouth really is the best, as you know your getting someone you can trust to leave alone in your house. I've had a friend who has has a woeful time finding someone who doesn't slack off (mine wont take on anyone else).
    Last edited by waterlily; 19-01-2013 at 15:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have a great lady that comes every Friday. Nothing better than a clean house for the weekend :-)

Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post
    My cleaner has just left the agency we were using and we're still waiting on a replacement. I love having a cleaner, even though I'm a SAHM, I have a busy life with 2 soon to be 3 children. My DH works long hours and doesn't help with the house work so he suggested his way of helping is to hire a cleaner. I was happy with that

Anyone know a cleaner in Brisbane worth using?
    PM me flipflop, I know a great one :-) I get her in every week.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a cleaner in right now doing a trial clean. I have been tidying while she is cleaning just feel bad sitting but now I am cuz I don't know what to do!! Do u think that looks too lazy? She seems to be doing a great job so far and only wants $17/h but I think I will give 20

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does anyone have a cleaner come in?

I have a cleaner in right now doing a trial clean. I have been tidying while she is cleaning just feel bad sitting but now I am cuz I don't know what to do!! Do u think that looks too lazy? She seems to be doing a great job so far and only wants $17/h but I think I will give 20
    Is that why people clean even when a cleaner is there? Not trying to come across as rude or anything, just always wondered

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    Is that why people clean even when a cleaner is there? Not trying to come across as rude or anything, just always wondered

Hahah yes probably..even though I'm paying her I still feel bad!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pisang For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wish I had a cleaner!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does anyone have a cleaner come in?

Hahah yes probably..even though I'm paying her I still feel bad!
    Lol. Well thanks for answering one of lifes mysteries for me. Hope the cleaner works out for you, if you leave anything for her to clean

Thanks
    Reviews

Its not lazy to sit there and watch TV or read or whatever. It doesn't bother me. You are paying her so you don't have to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We have just hired a cleaner for 2 hours a fortnight, $50. Last time was her first visit, she cleaned the bathroom and toilet, did the dishes, scrubbed the kitchen, and changed our bedsheets in that time. She said the first visit is a bit slower than others. I'll get her to mop and vacuum tomorrow also.