+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Does anyone have a cleaner come in?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Oh my...how much work can these extraordinary people get done in two or three hours?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Yes, way more than me!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My cleaner comes once per fortnight. $61 for 2 hours through 'Absolute domestic'When she first started I was taking Ds to playgroup for 2 hrs. Then when Ds stopped playgroup, I used that time to run errands at the shops or shops/park. Now that I'm returning to work next week part time, she'll come on one of the days I work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone have a cleaner come in?

Mine comes once a week for 2 hours. I advertised on Facebook and she responded. I usually let her in and go out and run errands while she is here

Thanks
    Reviews

My cleaner has just left the agency we were using and we're still waiting on a replacement. I love having a cleaner, even though I'm a SAHM, I have a busy life with 2 soon to be 3 children. My DH works long hours and doesn't help with the house work so he suggested his way of helping is to hire a cleaner. I was happy with that

Anyone know a cleaner in Brisbane worth using?

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews

In our house right now I see it as a waste of money. Cleaning takes me 15-20 minutes per day. I do that everyday and I never have heaps to clean at all and plenty of time for what I need to do and spending time with DD.

If we had a bigger house I might consider one but I know DP would say it was a waste of money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    You lucky ladies! I would love a cleaner an I think if you can get it past your OH go for it! I work 20 hours a week, have a 12 week old baby, our house is two storeys - 5 bed, 3 bath and I apparently don't require a cleaner as I am at home and have nothing better to do than cook and clean pfft!!
    My OH was very supportive of my choice to hire a cleaner fortnightly, he actually encouraged it as he saw how stressed I was after ds2 was born and 3 weeks after he was born my father passed away from his illness. I was a bit of a mess.
    Now things are looking brighter I will still keep my cleaner while I work PT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My cleaner comes once a week for 3 hours. In the time she gets the whole house sparkling from top to bottom.
    She cleans every room in the house, does the floors, strips beds and does all our washing

She comes on our Playgroup day. Now that Playgroup isn't on we usually arrange a play date at someone else place or go to the park.

I used to alway be here when she cleaned because DH hired her when DD was a newborn and he had to go back to work.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeh I would rather not be in the house I suppose I will have to build a trust up first.
    Will have a look on gumtree hopefully there is someone nice in my area! Thanks it's made me want one even more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting a cleaner is the absolute best thing we ever did. She comes once a week. For a while I put her back to once a fortnight, but found that with two little ones the place was getting out of hand. I don't mind mess, but I have a low tolerance for actual dirtiness, so I found on the off weeks I ended up doing a lot myself. Solution - go back to getting the cleaner once a week.

I found my clear through word of mouth. she has been working for us now for about 4 years and we have built up a really good relationship which works really well. We have referred her to several friends. A referral from a friend is great if you can get it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes I would rather a referral but noone I know has a cleaner come in. One friend was going to but had reservations as I do about a stranger coming into the home. I have put an advert out now wanting a cleaner so I will see what responses I get on that