+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone have a cleaner come in?

I'm thinking of getting a cleaner to come once a week and do my floors and bathrooms.
    Has anyone got a cleaner? Where did u find them?
    Also do u stay home when they come and what do u do while they clean? I would feel wierd sitting down watching tv while they cleaned..

Did it really make a huge difference in your house cleanliness? Worth the money?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've got one that comes in twice a week (2 x 3 hours).

In that time she cleans, does laundry, changes bed sheets - everything really.

I think I found her number in the local shop, but can't remember now.

I usually try to go out when she's here, to give her space to clean (plus my 2yr old 'uncleans' and untidies as fast as anyone can clean and tidy). However, sometimes I've been there, and usually sit on my computer, or take DD outside.

It makes a huge difference to the house cleanliness. Aside from 'everyday' cleaning it means I don't have to do any major cleaning at all. She does all the laundry/ folds/ puts away, and I don't have to change any bed sheets. It makes a huge difference to life in general as far as I'm concerned, so definitely worth the money. I don't enjoy cleaning, and so it means that I have more time in the day to do things I do enjoy with DD.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Worth every cent

I have a new cleaner and what's working for us is that I clean/tidy/declutter at the same time (no awkward embarrassment when you sit down with a coffee and a magazine). So while she cleans I am sorting out wardrobes, cupboards, the pantry etc

I found mine via word of mouth (she cleans for a friend of a friend) and I pay her $22 an hour and she cleans for four hours once a week and will have a 10 minute coffee in that time but she tacks on the ten minutes at the end.

Thanks
    Reviews

I did have a cleaner that came once a fortnight before I had dd. She was fantastic made things so much easier. Don't have her anymore as I felt weird being a SAHM with a cleaner. When I go back to work I will definitely get her back.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds great to get the big annoying cleaning done for sure

Has anyone had any bad experiences also?

Thanks
    Reviews

Umm yes, I had an agency provide cleaners, they turned over heaps and I had alcohol go 'missing' ... I will have one again when I go back to work - but probably someone I know - or a friend uses and will ensure its done on the weekend so I can be sure no one is stealing from me!

My DH doesn't want to have one - doesn't want people in our house, but the reality is with him working away and me with 2 kids there is no way im going to be a slave to my house on my 2 days off to spend with my kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We have a cleaner come in every fortnight to scrub bathrooms, toilets, and general cleaning that builds up. She does 2 hours for $50 and it's worth every cent

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does anyone have a cleaner come in?

Oh my...how much work can these extraordinary people get done in two or three hours?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I have mine come in weekly on a friday. She does 3hrs one week then 2 the following. She is amazing but kind of weird but very thoughtful(for christmas she bought us new pillows then the following week, she bought in a nice bedspread for me as she would rather me spend my money on DS then waste it).

In the time she is here, she does bathroom, toilet, kitchen, mops and vacuums all floors, does my room and DS room, loungeroom plus washing if there is washing there. She also does detail cleaning and is currently doing all the doors in the house(i told her to take her time with it as there is no rush with detail cleaning but i think she gets a bit paranoid at times thinking i dont think she is good enough but i have let her know several times i am very happy with her work).

Sometimes i am home but its rare as i work most fridays so its good she has the house to do as she likes with no interruptions. I have been home a few times and DS has been home with me sick(either he was sick or i was too sick to take him to school when he has been home) and if i was sick and needed sleep, she would stay back and happily entertain DS and get him to help or play with him as well as the cleaning even though i have let her know he is ok as i am in the next room and he wakes me if he needs something.

I advertised on gumtree and she was the second person i got in touch with. Gave her a house key and she lets herself in and out.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Oh my...how much work can these extraordinary people get done in two or three hours?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Much much more than me haha. I love friday cleans as my weekend is free to spend with DS. Its awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub