+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default FSH injections

Hi I'm new to this forum, just been advised by my fs he wants me on fsh injections after only trying clomid 25mg for one cycle. I have pcos and have had tests after tests which show I'm fertile and all is ok but I don't ovulate all the time!
    judy wondering if anyone can tell me there experiences on fsh injections and if it was successful? Also how much it costs??
    its ashame fertility meds costs a lot I'm worried for what I'm up for??

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I'm new to the forum too!!! I have pcos and was on clomid and FSH injections. The month we conceived - I was on the clomid by itself and skipped the FSH injection. From memory - it was around $80 for the injection but it was about 8 months ago so I can't remember exactly. Hope this helps and good luck in your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default FSH injections

I did Fsh shots as part of IUI this month ( my first round ) and so the meds were covered by Medicare. I found them effective, I had 6 follicles with 3 large ones at time of trigger. I am in the 2WW now and injecting ovidrel hcg.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default FSH injections

I did 5 cycled of fsh injections with timed sex after two failed clomid cycles. the injections are worth about $1000 but are in the subsidized list so we only pay $35 or so for 3 pens which may or may do a cycle depending on your dose, the size of the pen and how you respond.

The ovidril pen which is the trigger shot that you have to make you ovulate is about $80. There is another trigger that the FS can mix up and give like a normal needle and that is only about $50 but I only used that one when I had the trigger at the FS rooms, if I was doing it at home I paid the extra and got the pen just cause its easy.

I found injections great, easy to use, easy for fs to adjust and much better results. I had one cycle cancelled cause I had too many follicles but got preg on the 5th or 4th cycle we triggered. I'm currently 16.5 weeks and so far so good. I won't hesitate to go back and try again for no.2 we know now what works and where to start and I didn't have any dramas with injections at all. I hope everything goes well for you and you get your BFP soon. Take care 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys on your replies!
    I still haven't started my FSH injections as I just got my period and need to have that ultrasound/test to check the Fallopian tubes!!! 😁
    I was quiet worried about the costs as I asked my fs and he said its quiet reasonable.... Although I wasn't sure what was reasonable for him haha. Are all injections for everyone subsidized??? As he didn't mention that?!

Thanks girls

Thanks
    Reviews

Default FSH injections

Quote Originally Posted by Kobec View Post
    Thanks guys on your replies!
    I still haven't started my FSH injections as I just got my period and need to have that ultrasound/test to check the Fallopian tubes!!! 😁
    I was quiet worried about the costs as I asked my fs and he said its quiet reasonable.... Although I wasn't sure what was reasonable for him haha. Are all injections for everyone subsidized??? As he didn't mention that?!

Thanks girls
    I got mine as part of my IUI so didn't pay for the meds separately but I think they are fairly reasonable

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The FSH is listed on the PBS so if you are eligible for pbs subsidised meds, then you will get it at the reduced price.