+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default what do you provide when children are at their dads

hi!!

My son has just started to go to his dads every second weekend. I supply everything except for food.

Are they meant to supply everything?
    I have refused to let him have my pram as it cost a lot of money and I an precious about it but apparently I am nasty for not providing this even though I supply everything else including porta cot and nappies etc

would love to hear what other parents supply

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Omg no!!! He should be providing everything while he has your son. I send clothes but am going to stop this very soon as everything comes back filthy and ruined.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Sorry but I think he should have everything there! I'm not a single mum but I really think you should be letting him purchase these things just so he has his own stash.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Izy  (18-01-2013),PurpleMumma  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: what do you provide when children are at their dads

Ok so even though I get child support $31 a month he still should supply everything?

he keeps saying that because he isn't working I should do it eg he wants to take the baby swimming and called to ask me to supply swimmer nappies

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I send clothes, although I probably shouldn't because nothing ever comes back. I've even sent him a bag of stuff to keep at his house but that gets lost as well. Once I went over and rifled around in his house and found loads of her clothes. Some stuff that had been missing for years and now too small to be of any use, grr

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

PurpleMumma  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No he needs to supply everything himself.

He's not looking after the child as a favour to you...it's his responsibility just as much as it is yours.

$31 buys a box of nappies a month and a child costs a lot more than that

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NZtoWA For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (18-01-2013),feelinglucky  (18-01-2013),Izy  (18-01-2013),αληθη  (18-01-2013),PurpleMumma  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

$31 a month is nothing, I hope he doesn't use that as an excuse for not supplying anything. I get the same and if he were to have my son over, even if its only every second weekend I'd expect him to buy stuff. I provide stuff at mine out of MY pocket so I would want to insure its well cared for in the case of my pram etc. He should provide swim nappies etc. He could just get a $20 stroller since its only for 4 days a month

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feelinglucky For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (29-01-2013),PurpleMumma  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont believe you should supply anything. I sent clothes with my boys until he sorted some out himself. He said next time he has the kdis he wont need the car seats either because he FINALLY is getting some of his own for them He wouldnt even let them take a costume each that they were wearing when he came to pick them up. They were so upset because they wanted to show their dads gf and her son. Ahole lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I provided DD with clothes and toys, a carseat, pram, etc. All her stuff.

I would have rather he got them himself, but he wouldn't, so I figured that it was best for HER if I just sucked it up and did it myself... so she didn't go without. I often even provided snacks because I just couldn't trust he'd have anything to give her, and I purchased a set of "extra" clothes that were reserved just for visits with him and daycare. I provided nappies too, because he wouldn't have... and I just felt sorry for her.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

feelinglucky  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well DS only stays fir the day or overnight so I pack DS's bag with his clothes, nappies, teddy-bear, favourite books and pillow. But his dad provides nappies and always sends his nappies and re-packs his bag and sends it all back home with DS. He does need to get him a bed now though as he is no longer in a cot and sleeps on a mattress on the floor!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post: