+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Hospital gift hamper for new mum...

Hi all

I'm putting together a hamper for my sister who is due to have her bub next week.

I have some handmade clothes, blankets, bibs, burp clothes and softies that I've made for bub, but stuck on what helpful and even indulgent stuff to include for my sis and her partner.

She'll be breastfeeding so I was thinking I could knock together some reusable breast pads, some lansinoh was a blessing in the early days with dd but not sure what else.

Any suggestions of what you could not do without or wish you had more of while in hospital or when first at home. Oh she'll be having a scheduled c section too.

TIA :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

A really pretty water bottle, I drank so much water i wish i had of had something nice to drink it out of. Some lovely hand cream (Crabtree and Evelyn do a lovely one now that is only very mildly scented so isn't overbearing). Other than that, I wish someone had a bought me some snacks to hospital, I would have given away all my flowers for a box of chocolates at midnight

Thanks
    Reviews

Chapsticks! My lips get so dry when breastfeeding, particularly in the beginning. Also, you could get some nice Brie, quince paste and crackers if she avoided soft cheese during pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews

What about some of those rite-aid(?) gel breast pads you can use if you have cracked nipples.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Fantastic ideas!!! I was thinking oat bars, or even whipping up some lactation cookies in a nice jar :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A nice nursing pillow (http://shop.bigpond.com/Product.asp?...tail&ID=107116) and good quality hand cream, I had the worst dry hands from washing them all the time after each nappy change etc, and doing more washing and dishes etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would of loved a heat pack, the hospital was cold plus with baby #2 the abdominal cramping was bad so would of helped. Also some trashy mags and Chocolates.

Thanks
    Reviews

Second the gel pads!

Maybe some thank you notes so she can leave the staff she likes some thank yous. When you get home you are just too busy and also sadly forget names.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Hospital gift hamper for new mum...

I second the snacks. The hospital did ok meals but I would have killed for more than the 2 crackers and 1 slice of cheese they gave me to snack on.
    Maybe a dried fruit and cheese platter?

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on what she likes - maybe some nice hot chocolate sachets. Some fruit (Breakfast is always hours away when you're up at 5am!) A packet of crackers. Depends if she has a fridge or not for other foods. If she reads - a good book, magazine or puzzle book - depending on her likes of course.