+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy So tired and exhausted all of a sudden- anyone else?

I feel like I have hit a wall today, im 31 weeks tomorrow and have been feeling pretty good until now.
    I can barely keep my eyes open at work. Feels like im back in the 1st trimester when I was so tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I get.

I am not going on maternity leave until im 37 weeks, currently working full time, doing 11 hour days and running my house by myself as my hubby works out in the mines, 4 weeks on, 1 week off.

Feeling a little overwhelmed with how much I have left to do and I dont know where im going to find the time and the energy. I feel like I could sleep for ever.
    I was not expecting to feel like this with 9 weeks still to go, thought it would be a closer to my due date.
    Anyway that turned into a bit of a vent. SorrY!
    Anyone else feeling the same?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So tired and exhausted all of a sudden- anyone else?

Yes am feeling the same. Mine started at 30 weeks. I'm now almost 31 weeks and some days feel like everything is hard work. Can't stop yawning but it's not from lack of sleep, it's a whole body exhaustion. Had an ob appointment last week and they said I was anaemic which probably makes sense. Have started iron tablets. Maybe this is the case for you? Have you had iron levels checked?

Sounds like you have your plate full tho! I have a 2.5 year old so she keeps me busy but sleeps very well during the day and night so I try and rest when I can, and go to bed early etc. Must he hard with your partner going away. I try and cook a batch of meals and freeze so I don't have to cook every night too.

Any chance you can stop work before 37 weeks? I had my last bub at 37w5d and only finished up at work at 35w.
    Last edited by Lovable; 18-01-2013 at 17:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm 30 weeks on Monday and beyond exhausted. I'm getting a blood test next week to check all my levels as it's affecting me so badly.
    We have to move in 4 weeks and I feel like crying at the thought! Not to mention the heat and three other children to entertain! I'm feeling a tad sorry for myself!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 1stpregnancy83 View Post
    I feel like I have hit a wall today, im 31 weeks tomorrow and have been feeling pretty good until now.
    I can barely keep my eyes open at work. Feels like im back in the 1st trimester when I was so tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I get.

I am not going on maternity leave until im 37 weeks, currently working full time, doing 11 hour days and running my house by myself as my hubby works out in the mines, 4 weeks on, 1 week off.

Feeling a little overwhelmed with how much I have left to do and I dont know where im going to find the time and the energy. I feel like I could sleep for ever.
    I could written this word for word. Really could have fallen asleep at work today. Just finished my dinner and will be heading to bed early tonight!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tired ladies, I understand how you feel. I had sudden tiredness too at 30 weeks and was anaemic (I'm now 36 weeks and not). I'd suggest managing with diet early, before you chase up blood tests and results. Red meat eaten along with vitamin C (orange juice or oranges etc) is a good way to manage and unlike iron tabs won't necessarily leave you constipated. I started to feel better almost immediately (could be placebo but hey, whatever works).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies. My Iron levels were checked about a month back, and they were a bit low, I have an appt this week and will ask them to check again as this could be a factor. Iam not sleeping well though, waking up every hour every night, so it could just be lack of sleep.
    There is a chance I can finish work earlier I guess, I was thinking of maybe starting to cut back and doing 4 days a week instead of the 5 and having a wednesday off, so im only working 2 days in a row at max, instead of 5.

Thanks for you advice and its good to know that i'm not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes definitely, have been feeling pretty good up until now at 31.1 weeks. All of a sudden from 30 weeks, I get to about 2.30 in the afternoon and I could just slide under my desk at work and sleep - the yawning is spectacular. All vitamin and iron levels are fine.

I'm working from home today and did the same for a day last week which helps a bit - I can get more comfortable, respond in my own time and not have to suffer the chaos of Adelaide's public transport system disruptions for an hour each way. If I need a lie down or a nap, I can take one.

I also don't have to squeeze my puffy feet into shoes, which is another bonus!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Remember this feeling all too well