+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    I was wearing my baby in my hug a bub style wrap and this old woman came up to me and said "oh can IT breathe!!!"
    Thats so rude !

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    I was wearing my baby in my hug a bub style wrap and this old woman came up to me and said "oh can IT breathe!!!"
    Lol my daughter wearing pink got called "it" while in the ergo yesterday, "how old is it?" "SHE is almost 5 months old"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It was an older Caucasian man, not sure whether he was Australian but didn't appear to be Asian.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people have no manners!!!!

At the hairdresser a few months after dd was born and yes I did take offence when she said I saw you when you were preggers and you looked like an elephant!! Never went back.

DD was cluster feeding on Christmas Day and my brother couldn't believe I was feeding her in the lounge and not in the bathroom we were at my parents house, later in the day mum and I went for a walk and yes still feeding say 3pm and I had found a lovely bench and she shielded me with her hat and apologised to all and sundry who passed us. Good lord it wasn't a criminal offence and I wasn't flinging my boobs around!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    When i was pregnant with DS1 (at 21yo) i was at a new years eve party, a guy said to me "Oh i bet you miss drinking tonight", I replied "No not really, i wasnt a big drinker anyway" he then said "Then how did you get pregnant?"
    Sorry but I think that's quite funny!

My DH is a gorgeous redhead & I've had quite a few people say "ooh what if your baby has red hair?" like it's a disease or something. I just said "I hope so!".

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH and I do not drink, we dont often go out to dinner or the movies, we dont gamble or anything like that. We spend our hard earned money on things that are important to us - our home, nice new reliable cars, family holidays and that sort of thing.
    We have lots of friends and, in particular, DHs workmates who are around the same age and earn around the same income as us, who like to go out drinking their wages away over the weekend then complain they have no money to pay the bills until their next payday...
    Thats not the annoying thing, its their right to do whatever they want with their hard earned money, but the thing that really gives us the dirts is when said people say to us things like "how can you possibly afford a mortgage like that" or "where did you get the money to buy your campervan from" or "how can you possibly afford the new kitchen you are putting into your house"...it takes a lot of tongue biting not to reply "because we dont **** our money down the toilet every weekend like you do"...DH has actually had workmates of his ask him if he is doing anything illegal on the side to pay for what we have, and this infuriates him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find that really rude that people think its okay to question your financial situation like its actually their business!!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    Sorry but I think that's quite funny!

My DH is a gorgeous redhead & I've had quite a few people say "ooh what if your baby has red hair?" like it's a disease or something. I just said "I hope so!".
    That's awful! I get some people hate red hair (personally I had a high chance and was really hoping my boys didn't). But clearly you wouldn't mind at all if your DH already has red hair. How incredibly rude!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is really awful. I love kids with red hair! I'm a red head, dd has dark hair though

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When I fell preg with DS2 (baby number 3) my family and my partners family thought it would be ok to judge us and get angry at us for not aborting the pregnancy. Alot of the responses wEre along the lines of "oh no really" my dads tho was "**** 'my name'"