+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Before we had kids (or wanted to) one of DHs school friends said to him (in front of me), 'what's up ......, can't you find the right hole?' This was on the back of he and his partner expecting twins and their other good school mate and his wife expecting their first. Ugh, it was horrid.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I worked as a receptionist when I was really young and I used to comment to most pregnant women who came in 'wow, been eating lots of junk food huh?' I meant that their pregnancy was progressing and baby bump getting bigger but now that I'm older I wonder if they thought I meant they were getting fat *cringe* I'm mortified over it now.

Sent from my GT-S6010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There was a lady at my playgroup (she left this term, thank goodness!) who was constantly saying things that were both random and bizarrely offensive.

When I dislocated my ankle playing soccer, she told me that I was an irresponsible parent for exercising, as exercise is dangerous. That same day she complained that she was unable to lift a pram due to her weak back muscles (due to inactivity perhaps?).

She told my friend that her youngest daughter was really pretty and her older daughter was "just average". Nice.

She told me that she would never let her kids know what homosexuality was, in case they "caught" it, or decided it sounded fun.

There are countless more, but I don't have 3 hours. I'm not sure why she likes to make all these outrageous statements to me, I just smile and nod and walk away.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

disco86  (20-07-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Ooh! Ooh! I get stuff all the time. It's like I have a sign on my head.

When heavily pregnant at the bus stop some old man said there's nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman, then asked if he could 'rub his hands all over' my belly. Erm, no.

Also on the is, this old lady said in this really loud voice that I am everything that's wrong with this country: teen mums and Asian immigrants. Um, I was 32 and am half-English, half-Moroccan and have lived in Australia since I was five.

I was walking with DS in town and an old booze-o came up and said 'ooh! He's a big strong 'un!' Which I'm used to, sigh. He then said 'raise him up strong, cos we'll need him to fight Asian armies!' WTF?

And most recently, I got the same from an old man, all about how big and strong my little chubber is. Then he asked if DS gets sick very often. 'No, no, he hasn't been sick yet,' I said politely.
    'That's because you don't send him to childcare. All the Asians send their kids with their sicknesses to childcare, then the rest of us get it.' I told him a little bit about, you know, the bubonic plague, and how sickness is all around us. He wasn't convinced.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My friend is Asian and her husband isn't. Both their boys look very Asian. One of the boys threw a tantrum in the supermarket and when he picked up his son and put him over his shoulder, someone yelled at him 'he's not your child, put him down or ill call the cops!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Mrsh your post reminds me of something that happened when my niece was 2. My nieces dad is Chinese my sister a real blonde haired blue eyed girl. Anyway my sister, niece and I were going through a checkout and the serving lady says:

Server - is that your daughter?
    Sister - yes
    Server - is she adopted?
    Sister - no
    Server - so she's your daughter?
    Sister - yes (a little cross by now)
    Server - but she must be adopted, she's Asian
    Sister - she is my daughter. Goodbye
    Server - (calls out to us as we walk away) well she looks Asian to me

Omg! My niece of course was then full of questions. I was so cross I reported her to the customer service manager!!
    Holy shiz that is ridiculous! I hope she got in some serious trouble for that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was doing the grocery shopping this morning whilst wearing dd in my sleepy wrap. This old man looks at me and goes you must be Indian only Indians carry their babies like that. So I said have you ever tried pushing a pram and trolley at once?

I'm white with red hair ffs.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wearing my baby in my hug a bub style wrap and this old woman came up to me and said "oh can IT breathe!!!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    People are so stupid sometimes.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just get annoyed when people tell me what to do with DS full-stop. I'm a single parent who has done it on my own since day one with pretty much zero GOP so please don't walk in and give me your advice or opinion - I really don't appreciate it. I've proven I can raise a happy, healthy baby/toddler so far so yeah, 'go away please' and 'where were you when I needed a hand' come to mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast