+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sh*t people say.

So I'm due the end of next month with my 2nd child, we decided not to find out the sex of the baby as I wanted a surprise. My sister found out she was pregnant the other day and says to me "you are going to be so jealous if I have a girl and you have another boy" seriously WTF! She also finished the conversation by stating that she will be coming over on the weekend to scope out what baby furniture/clothes etc she will be taking when her baby arrives. Both babies will be aprox 7 months apart and I'm sure I'm still going to be using my cot, change table etc by the time her baby is born.

I'm not sure if its just pregnancy hormones or not but that just really annoyed me.

So what have people said to you that make you want to rip their eyeballs out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Sh*t people say.

Is be super annoyed. I also find it very rude how family assume they have a "right" to your possessions because they are family!! Also that they have the right to say rude and inappropriate things again because they are family.

I'm sick of MIL telling us we want a boy when actually we really want another little girl. It's really annoying how she brushes us off "oh of course you don't want another girl, you want a boy!"
    Last edited by waterlily; 18-01-2013 at 10:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    People who know us know ds1 was a surprise baby. When we decided to have another baby 2 years later we didn't tell anyone we were ttc.

Once we fell pregnant the response from a few was 'nothing good on tv eh!'.

I know its nothing major but it peed me off a lot at the time. Looking back I really think it was hormones as I can giggle at it now.

As for your sister, pfft. I think it's lovely you want the gender to be a surprise. As for the baby furniture, just casually mention you'll probably still be using it so tell her not to have her heart set on anything just in case it's not available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When we found out we were having another girl people used to always say "oh well, you can try again for a boy" or "how do you feel about that" even the Avon lady said to me "better luck next time" we are stocked to have 2 beautiful healthy girls.

I know what you mean about family claiming dibs on your baby things, even though DH and I are pretty sure 2 babies is enough I am not selling the bassinet and capsule etc.. Just yet just incase we have a surprise. Sil just found out she is expecting and mil said I can give her my things. Umm no! My family bought us everything I don't mind lending some things but I plan on keeping them good and selling them to put the $$ in the girls savings account.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sh*t people say.

That is so effing rude!!!! I found out we were expecting when my sister was 4 months pregnant (first grandchild) so I felt the opposite - this is her time to shine, I hope she isn't going to be ****ty etc never asked to borrow a thing! Why should I expect to take what isn't mine, that's not right! Your sister should hop down to the Target baby sale and get her own sh*t!!

I've have strangers come up to me (by that I mean basically throw themselves in front of the stroller) and tell me how just because it's in fashion to have twins via IVF (I guess they mean celebs) that 'young girls' choose that option instead of nature taking its course WTF?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have heaps, but one that was said to me two days ago by a shop assistant whilst I was buying some nail polish was 'wow, you've got a lot of kids'. I just smiled. She then said, 'Are they all yours'. I answered 'yes'. She then says, 'Did you deliberately have them all that close'.

(I have 4 daughters all under the age of 7), so I guess it made a change from the 'bet you wanted a boy' comment I usually get.

*Sigh*..... You can't change stupid things that people say unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sh*t people say.

My DD has gorgeous blonde ringlets and I've lost count how many times I have been asked if they are real! Seriously! She is just 2 who would perm or curl a tiny girl's hair?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Sh*t people say.

I'm 38.5 weeks pregnant with #2. I have been told some nasty stuff by family. The most resent but not the worst was to cross my legs for a few more days as people don't want to share their birthdays.
    OMG like I'm in control over when baby wants to come out!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sh*t people say.

DS is fair, light hair light skin and blue eyes. DH and I are both very dark.

I've lost count at the stupid comments I've heard about him being swapped at birth or what the milk man/post man/next door neighbour looked like.

So over it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sh*t people say.

MIL keeps saying to me that we'll have to save all our baby things after this bub (our 3rd & def last) for when BIL has kids.

Im like huh heck no we had to buy it all ourselves and ill be selling what i can after we're finished with it as dont have to spare room to store it - not to mention that BIL & his girlfriend broke up a few months ago so babies is not really on BIL's radar