+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I totally agree but I fail to see how it's the breastfeeders job to protect these people from feeling like this (by being modest/discreet) people can call me uncourteous all they want I'm not doing anything wrong.
    No one in this thread is saying that it is the breastfeeding woman's job to protect other people's feelings. In my post I was just responding to your comment that you didn't understand why people saw breasts as more sexual than a hand or mouth.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (24-01-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry Meg2 I went off on another tangent lol I know about the sexualization of breasts which is why I wrote it at the bottom of my post, I still fail to see the logic of it but you have pointed out it is highly emotional and I can imagine how hard it would be to challenge such ingrained social conditioning. I guess I wonder why people who realize this fail to try to grow from it rather than conform to it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (25-01-2013),Cat21  (24-01-2013),Meg2  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Meg2 View Post
    No one in this thread is saying that it is the breastfeeding woman's job to protect other people's feelings.
    It sounded to me like a couple of posters were implying just that. Something along the lines of "I can't believe she just pulled out her boobs in front of poor me etc..."

Like here :"If you're doing something that makes people uncomfortable its probably time to stop, think and modify your behaviour, or some one some where will tell you in a not so polite way."

And here :" Ijust feel that she put me in a really awkward situation with no regard to how it would make me feel "

It sounds like some people do feel that the onus is on the breast feeding
    Mother to be 'courteous' & 'considerate' of these sensitive petals by adjusting their feeding method to accommodate them, rather than the onus being on the individual to acknowledge and deal with their own insecurities and prejudice.
    Last edited by Mathermy; 25-01-2013 at 03:31.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Benji  (25-01-2013),Boobycino  (25-01-2013),GreenMama  (25-01-2013),headoverfeet  (25-01-2013),Hokey Pokey  (25-01-2013),Hootenanny  (25-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (26-01-2013),MissMuppet  (25-01-2013),Someones Mummy  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bowed out of this merry-go-round just after bitterpure said it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterpure View Post
    There's breastfeeding in public.

And then there's breastfeeding in public with long periods of breasts on show for no real purpose.

From what I've read on this thread, no one has an issue with the former.

A few people have an issue with the latter.

That's not to say they'd go up and tell someone off for doing it (ie. breaking a law).

But it makes them uncomfortable (ie. not breaking any law).

What is so wrong with the fact that different people find different things uncomfortable?!?
    I don't know why some of you who have been questioning our intent on bringing this issue up in the celebrate breastfeeding section are just hell bent on continuing the debate?
    I think enough is enough and this thread should continue in the spirit it began.
    Sorry if my post derailed it slightly, but your griping and nit picking is NOT going to change MY opinions on what I encounter in MY life.
    No more than how I feel should change YOUR opinions.

PMSL at the sensitive petal reference though, those that know me would find that hilarious too, but I suppose that's the downside of Internet forums and no real face to face conversations.
    Have a great day and lovely bank holiday to each and every one of you
    Over and out.
    Last edited by Phony; 25-01-2013 at 08:35.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

bitterpure  (25-01-2013),FirstTimeMummy2012  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys
    have you read my two blog posts on this topic? It seems we share some ideas and values
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blog...breastfeeding/

I would love to see some comment on the post

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeyboyzmum For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (27-01-2013),headoverfeet  (26-01-2013),Someones Mummy  (26-01-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyzmum View Post
    Hi guys
    have you read my two blog posts on this topic? It seems we share some ideas and values

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi guys

Loved both blogs! Well said!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hi guys

Fantastic post