+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I'm glad it's still open. It's not like anyone is hurling abuse. It's okay for people to disagree - and disagree with passion.

If a thread keeps going on and on I don't see the harm. It stops people starting loads of "spin offs" because I didn't feel they got to finish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    I see a lot of abuse going on

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (23-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    I see a lot of abuse going on
    Sadly I think this is exactly what a couple of posters were after.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonZie View Post
    Sadly I think this is exactly what a couple of posters were after.
    Always will be people who get a kick out of this online!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    As variety of threads tend to spin off from the original post, this one has. My posts are applicable to the direction this thread has gone.
    I have never said that I think in the above two situations were the women exhibitionists, but I did say they made me feel uncomfortable, understanding and agreeinf with Little Smile's post to an extent. It doesn't mean either woman was to blame for making me feel uncomfortable, it doesn't mean that I think women should have to put a wrap over bub when feeding, or that it should be done in private, it was just stating that quite a few people do find it uncomfortable to see exposed breasts when they're not feeding.
    Yeah just a little odd responses in the 'celebrate breastfeeding' section discussing a nurse in after a television personality exposed his bigotry toward a group of people and made a mockery of anti-discrimination laws if this were bigotry against a race for example I have no doubt that he would no longer be working in television. In fact, I do recall a certain morning program copping it and is no longer on air after an offensive statement against a male.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (23-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I'm still not sure what this argument has to do with the poor woman who was humiliated at the pool, but of course it's okay to feel uncomfortable. Personally, I don't have an issue with bodies, bits are accidentally shown sometimes and I can laugh or shrug it off. It's not hurting anyone. I will never forget my dad getting out of the car one day in footy shorts and no undies - good lord! But this doesn't mean I think footy shorts in public should be made illegal or anything. Or that all football players should be accused of being exhibitionists, or bring that up in football threads.

anyway, new mothers are human. Often sleep deprived, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't know how I managed to get dressed in the mornings let alone have any social awareness when I was lucky to get 40 minutes of sleep at a time.
    This gave me a giggle. I think we've all been scarred for life by something similar lol 😂

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

Benji  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    FirstTimeMummy2012,

Is this your first baby? I have only just noticed that you are pregnant, and there doesn't seem to be anything else indicating other children?

I applaud you for wanting to breastfeed your little one, but please respect the experience of those who have already been through this(breastfeeding). Some women have done this wonderful job numerous times with many babies. You don't really know how you're going to feel until you have that baby in your arms and you are doing it, you're breastfeeding! I am thinking that your attitude towards OTHER breastfeeding mums may change once you have your own breastfeeding experience. I do hope so You will find that when your baby is screaming, sometimes there really is no other option than to feed wherever you are, at whatever time that may be. That's just the reality of it. Somehow you will have to accept that it may not feel polite or acceptable to breastfeed and accidentally flash a bit of flesh, now and then, but that will most likely be the case and my guess is you won't even worry about it, you wait and see!! Good luck

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clarabelle For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (23-01-2013),headoverfeet  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I remember my ex telling me when I was pregnant to just feed my baby before I went out. Bwahahaha. Often the theory and the reality of breastfeeding are two totally different things.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (23-01-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't understand how a breast and a bottle are different. Both are feeding children. Yes we use breasts for sexual purposes (well we, my partner and I do) but I also use my hands and my mouth for sexual purposes, I give birth to my babies through my vagina but that also has a sexual function. How is me showing my hand or my mouth in public any more sexual than my breast?

Assuming that sexualization is the root reason for peoples discomfort.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (23-01-2013),babynomad  (23-01-2013),Boobycino  (23-01-2013),Cat21  (23-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (24-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (24-01-2013),RobinSparkles  (23-01-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And no I don't think this thread should be closed, I just spent 4 hours chatting with friends and we didn't stick to the one exact topic for the whole conversation. I think that there has been a bit of heat but imo it doesn't look like anyone is struggling to stand their own and if they are they should use the report function.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (23-01-2013),dancingchipmunk  (23-01-2013),Guest654  (23-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (24-01-2013),lambjam  (23-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I remember my ex telling me when I was pregnant to just feed my baby before I went out. Bwahahaha. Often the theory and the reality of breastfeeding are two totally different things.
    Bwahaha I remember DF saying something similar when DS was still breast fed. 'I'll feed him when we get to your parents.' 'Can't you just so it now?' 5 minutes later 'Can you hurry up, we're running late!'

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

Benji  (23-01-2013)