+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Because they were both moments that made me uncomfortable. The first, not because she was bf'ing, like I said I did it, but because her breasts were still exposed even after bub had been put back in the pram, after she stood there talking to her friend and right up until she sat back down. The second, her breast was exposed, but she wasn't feeding. The second was definitely an accident, and the first may well have been too, but they both made me uncomfortable. My point for bringing up the second incident was why is it okay to feel uncomfortable when someone has a wardrobe malfunction and their breast pops out, but not when someone's breasts are exposed well after they have finished feeding?
    I'm still not sure what this argument has to do with the poor woman who was humiliated at the pool, but of course it's okay to feel uncomfortable. Personally, I don't have an issue with bodies, bits are accidentally shown sometimes and I can laugh or shrug it off. It's not hurting anyone. I will never forget my dad getting out of the car one day in footy shorts and no undies - good lord! But this doesn't mean I think footy shorts in public should be made illegal or anything. Or that all football players should be accused of being exhibitionists, or bring that up in football threads.

anyway, new mothers are human. Often sleep deprived, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't know how I managed to get dressed in the mornings let alone have any social awareness when I was lucky to get 40 minutes of sleep at a time.
    Last edited by Benji; 23-01-2013 at 14:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterpure View Post
    There's breastfeeding in public.

And then there's breastfeeding in public with long periods of breasts on show for no real purpose.

From what I've read on this thread, no one has an issue with the former.

A few people have an issue with the latter.

That's not to say they'd go up and tell someone off for doing it (ie. breaking a law).

But it makes them uncomfortable (ie. not breaking any law).

What is so wrong with the fact that different people find different things uncomfortable?!?
    Exactly! Finally someone who gets it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    Actually you are pretty aggressive and I can read and interpret just fine, I know exactly what you are saying. Maybe you should go back and re-read your posts.
    Pot .. black.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Uhm, to be honest, I don't know why it makes me so uncomfortable, it just does. I don't mind at all seeing a mother breastfeeding, but if someone was standing there talking to me and just suddenly mid conversation pulled a breast out and proceeded to start feeding with me right there (and this has happened to me), it makes me super uncomfortable. I just feel that there is a time and a place for everything and right there infront of me mid conversation was not the time nor the place. I guess the thing is I'm always very aware of how people around me are feeling (and maybe I care too much) but that's just the way I am. I would NEVER have done infront of anyone what this lady did infront of me. For goodness sake I didn't even know her! She was a customer where I used to worl. I get that she may have felt that it was normal, but I don't. I just feel that she put me in a really awkward situation with no regard to how it would make me feel ..If I see a mother breastfeeding discreetly even this makes me blush! I think it's lovely what she's doing but I still have to look away as quickly as possible .. maybe I am a prude who knows!
    Thanks for sharing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Hhmmm kinda silly don't you think comparing two exposed breasts to a bottle?
    Both bottles and breasts feed babies. I don't think it is silly at all. You felt uncomfortable being in the presence of a woman feeding her child.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (23-01-2013),HugsBunny  (23-01-2013),Mathermy  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    Dearie? Really? Grow up.
    I will if you will

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    And people wonder why threads need to be closed.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (23-01-2013),headoverfeet  (23-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013),V8  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Both bottles and breasts feed babies. I don't think it is silly at all. You felt uncomfortable being in the presence of a woman feeding her child.
    I was uncomfortable with a woman who decided to pull up her top while I was still talking to her and in the process exposing both her breasts. Why am I having to justify feeling uncomfortable? Do you have no respect for another's feelings or opinions?? Sheesh this irks me to no end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was uncomfortable with a woman who decided to pull up her top while I was still talking to her and in the process exposing both her breasts. Why am I having to justify feeling uncomfortable? Do you have no respect for another's feelings or opinions?? Sheesh this irks me to no end!
    You have every reason to feel this way

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

Phony  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    You have every reason to feel this way
    Thank you Hokey Pokey. How lovely of you to be understanding .. I really appreciate it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (23-01-2013)