+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What year is it? Mothers and women...having problems with breastfeeding. Depressing.

I will never be involved with the shaming of women for doing one of the most normal things in the world.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

DailyDiversion  (23-01-2013),headoverfeet  (23-01-2013),Hokey Pokey  (23-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (23-01-2013),NancyBlackett  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    I'm not telling YOU how to feed, you can wear whatever lovely shawl you like, but if you think someone breastfeeding infront of you was rude and disrespectful then you need to have a hard think about it. To me it says you don't support bfeeding in public at all. I don't care if you find it rude or obnoxious, but I'll call it as I see it.
    Firstly I never said it was rude or disrespectful. Know what you're quoting rather than talking crap! I said there was a time and a place and right infront of me (someone she didn't even know) without any warning was not the time nor the place to lift her top and expose her breasts to everyone in the club.

Oh and quite frankly I don't give a crap how you interpret what I say. If all you got from everything I've said is that I don't support public breastfeeding than that says A LOT more about you than it does about me. FFS get over yourself!
    Last edited by FirstTimeMummy2012; 23-01-2013 at 14:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Withnall due respect, you did say you will excuse yourself if your baby needs a feed because "it's called courtesy". I don't think I'm daft but that would imply that not excusing yourself while breastfeeding you would consider discourteous.

do you always have to be so aggressive?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (23-01-2013),Mathermy  (23-01-2013),RobinSparkles  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by hollychops View Post
    I'm a little confused as to why you're now using examples of exposed breast when not used for BFing. Yeah sure, I'd be a little uncomfortable if someone's boobs popped out if they weren't being used for BFing. But that's an entirely different issue, is it not?
    Because they were both moments that made me uncomfortable. The first, not because she was bf'ing, like I said I did it, but because her breasts were still exposed even after bub had been put back in the pram, after she stood there talking to her friend and right up until she sat back down. The second, her breast was exposed, but she wasn't feeding. The second was definitely an accident, and the first may well have been too, but they both made me uncomfortable. My point for bringing up the second incident was why is it okay to feel uncomfortable when someone has a wardrobe malfunction and their breast pops out, but not when someone's breasts are exposed well after they have finished feeding?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Phony  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Would you have expected warning if she had whipped out a bottle?

I think it is fairly reasonable to assume you found it rude and disrespectful given you expected warning about a baby being fed "right in front of me".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Withnall due respect, you did say you will excuse yourself if your baby needs a feed because "it's called courtesy". I don't think I'm daft but that would imply that not excusing yourself while breastfeeding you would consider discourteous.

do you always have to be so aggressive?
    Me agressive??

Now THAT is laughable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    So now she did it for your pleasure? This conversation is getting ridiculous
    Well there you go getting your knickers in a knot all because you didn't read
    something properly before jumping in with your rolling pin.
    My post was in relation this below from hollychops, for some reason it didn't include her quote when I posted.
    So relax dearie, go have a cup of tea or something.

Quote Originally Posted by hollychops View Post
    Yes that's called indecent exposure and is illegal. Exposing your breast for the purposes of breastfeeding is legal and discriminating against a woman who does this is illegal. If you can not separate a naked breast used for breastfeeding and that exposed in a sexual nature, then that demonstrates something else.

I'll leave it at that I think. This is just going around in circles and i'm getting bored. I'll just agree to disagree.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Would you have expected warning if she had whipped out a bottle?
    Hhmmm kinda silly don't you think comparing two exposed breasts to a bottle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

There's breastfeeding in public.

And then there's breastfeeding in public with long periods of breasts on show for no real purpose.

From what I've read on this thread, no one has an issue with the former.

A few people have an issue with the latter.

That's not to say they'd go up and tell someone off for doing it (ie. breaking a law).

But it makes them uncomfortable (ie. not breaking any law).

What is so wrong with the fact that different people find different things uncomfortable?!?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (23-01-2013),Cinderella82  (23-01-2013),dancingchipmunk  (23-01-2013),FirstTimeMummy2012  (23-01-2013),Little Mrs R  (23-01-2013),Phony  (23-01-2013),Purple Lily  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Me agressive??

Now THAT is laughable!
    Actually you are pretty aggressive and I can read and interpret just fine, I know exactly what you are saying. Maybe you should go back and re-read your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    Well there you go getting your knickers in a knot all because you didn't read
    something properly before jumping in with your rolling pin.
    My post was in relation this below from hollychops, for some reason it didn't include her quote when I posted.
    So relax dearie, go have a cup of tea or something.
    Dearie? Really? Grow up.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (23-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)