+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't like it but my friend disliked it a lot more than me, her being the one who was in direct conversation with the lady at the time.
    If faced with it again I would LOVE to ask the intentions behind it.
    I can only imagine it would descend into heated debate if this thread is anything to go by so maybe I would ask privately so as not to embarrass the lady or anyone else around.
    I have moved far away from that area though and have not encountered it since.
    I will repeat, the attitude WAS more eff you.
    The fact that others have witnessed the same behaviour the odd time means there's a chance someone reading this will come across it at some point in time too.
    Anyhoo...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Little Smile you keep saying that this women had NO child in her arms as if she had not at all been breastfeeding and was just flashing, in which case this is not an example of extreme breastfeeding and not relevant to this topic.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hollychops For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Maybe you should carry around a blanket or wrap so you can cover your head next time it happens
    I don't think LS is saying that the lady should have put a wrap over her feeding bub, but that she left her breasts out, while not in use, for a prolonged period of time. As I previously posted, I had a similar experience and as much as I am all for breastfeeding in public, hell I did it, there really are a select few Mums that leave their breasts out in an unnecessary manner.

In the experience I had, do I think that mother should have used a wrap? not at all! But I certainly believe she should have made a decent attempt to cover her breasts once she had finished feeding bub, instead of standing up to put her bub back in the pram and continuing her conversation with a friend for a moment before finally sitting down and pulling her dress back up. For me, it was a moment where I smiled because this lady was bf'ing in public, to a wtf moment where I was thinking did she really just do that?!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (23-01-2013),Phony  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I don't think LS is saying that the lady should have put a wrap over her feeding bub, but that she left her breasts out, while not in use, for a prolonged period of time. As I previously posted, I had a similar experience and as much as I am all for breastfeeding in public, hell I did it, there really are a select few Mums that leave their breasts out in an unnecessary manner.

In the experience I had, do I think that mother should have used a wrap? not at all! But I certainly believe she should have made a decent attempt to cover her breasts once she had finished feeding bub, instead of standing up to put her bub back in the pram and continuing her conversation with a friend for a moment before finally sitting down and pulling her dress back up. For me, it was a moment where I smiled because this lady was bf'ing in public, to a wtf moment where I was thinking did she really just do that?!
    Are you sure it was intentional? Because I've done that, I mean you could be talking about me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Exactly Someones Mummy.

I hope all the bottle feeders pack their bottles away asap after they have finished feeding their children, they don't expose the nipple or leave the bottle sitting on the table at the restaurant when they are done. I hope they remember that I am trying to eat when they grab that formula dispenser out to mix up a bottle in front of me, better yet I think they should do that under a cover as well lest I be offended by the sight. How does my partner contain himself when he sees such a thing? And don't in hells name get that bottle out and prepped and ready before picking up your baby because we all know how easy it is to prep a bottle with a wiggling sometimes screaming child in your arms, pick that child up THAN get the bottle ready

P.S nothing against bottle feeding (yes I have done it!) just trying to show the irony.
    All you've achieved here is broadcasting your pettiness to the readers of this thread.

Thanks again to redlipsandpearls

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    I didn't like it but my friend disliked it a lot more than me, her being the one who was in direct conversation with the lady at the time.
    If faced with it again I would LOVE to ask the intentions behind it.
    I can only imagine it would descend into heated debate if this thread is anything to go by so maybe I would ask privately so as not to embarrass the lady or anyone else around.
    I have moved far away from that area though and have not encountered it since.
    I will repeat, the attitude WAS more eff you.
    The fact that others have witnessed the same behaviour the odd time means there's a chance someone reading this will come across it at some point in time too.
    Anyhoo...
    You have to realise you are in a pro breastfeeding section on a parenting forum, there are alot of supportive people for all kinds of breastfeeding, including extended bf for toddlers and small children. Most women here wouldn't see it as an issue, that's probably why you are getting alot of protest to your comments. Don't take it personally though. If you did ask the lady her intentions, I'm positive she would explain her views about extended bfeeding and how its important for her it's available, I'm sure she doesn't like showing her breasts, but maybe she's ued to it and think it's somethin she just has to do.
    I always said when I had my first never have I felt I lost so much dignity because your body is poked and prodded and open for everyone to see (especially when giving birth) and down to bfeeding. I know I felt my boobs were on display in public alot, but what could I do? I had to feed and it was the only way I could, so my dignity went out the window and my childs needs came first.
    I can't speak for her, she probably doesn't feel like that, but this is how I felt.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh come on. There's a difference between doing what has to be done to feed your child and making some kind of point about it.

If someone shows a whole lotta boob while attaching or forgets to do their bra up straight away it is nonsense to criticise them. Yes it's just a boob and some people really need to grow up.

But you can't tell me that someone sitting in a cafe with both breasts out and no feeding child in sight isn't doing so to make a point, to elicit a reaction in order to assert their "rights".

They ruin it for the rest of us, and it doesn't harm the cause of breastfeeding to acknowledge that.

ETA I've never actually encountered this, I'm just going off stories. I don't think it's particularly useful to put too much thought into what is obviously a very small minority. But there's also no need to go to great lengths to justify it.
    Last edited by lambjam; 23-01-2013 at 11:44.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (23-01-2013),FirstTimeMummy2012  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, LittleSmile, hopefully I have this straight. Your problem is with this particular woman, who was unnecessarily exposing herself, and it offended you and your friend and made you feel very uncomfortable...is that right?

If so, why have your raised what is obviously a very isolated incident, in a public forum like this? As if to make an example of something that is almost non existant, or happens so rarely as to not even be noticed by most other breastfeeding mothers? She's probably a bit of a twit anyway and her breastfeeding "style" is quite possibly not the only issue she has.

If this is what happened, it does sound weird to me too, but it's not as if all breastfeeding mothers behave like this, the majority absolutely do not.

And as for suggesting that a woman has to half undress herself to breastfeed at a restaurant, that is beyond ridiculous.

Most women who breastfeed are educated women who would already possess a great deal of common sense - I would assume that exposing their breasts would be the last thing on their mind.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Clarabelle For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    Are you sure it was intentional? Because I've done that, I mean you could be talking about me
    Next time you make such a mistake, perhaps you should emphasize to the entire food court 'OMG I was so deep in discussion I accidentally left my t*** out! Please forgive me if I've offended you! I'm so mortified' then run away really fast so no one mistakes you for an "aggressive" breastfeeder. So inconsiderate SM! 😳

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (23-01-2013),Someones Mummy  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hollychops View Post
    Little Smile you keep saying that this women had NO child in her arms as if she had not at all been breastfeeding and was just flashing, in which case this is not an example of extreme breastfeeding and not relevant to this topic.
    It's really not that hard to grasp and IS relevant to this topic.
    Mother was sat in conversation over dining table.
    Mother pops out breasts without skipping a beat,
    continues conversation, takes a minute or so, stands to lift up baby, sits attaches baby, baby feeds.
    Baby finishes feed a few minutes later, mother stands to settle baby back in pram, returns to table, still chatting , and in no hurry, slowly puts her boobs away.
    Not your every day breastfeeding experience for most.
    Definitely a bit of a surprise for a couple of new parents who bottle feed.
    (nothing in the world to do with trying to turn on the husband as some have mentioned HAH!)
    Now I haven't seen it since but my friend says its pretty standard for two in the group to do this now.
    She's still not comfortable with it but I'm not in her head and I don't have any advice for her on how she deals with her feelings.
    I was just passing on what I saw and what my opinion was, pretty sure we're all entitled to do that without being called a hater and to go mind my own business etc etc. I never called anyone names not even the women I'm talking about.
    I talked about their behaviour , if you're going to do that in public, some ones going to have an opinion on it.