+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Someone posted this on the nurse in fb page- one of the many times I wished for an option to Love something on fb as opposed to just Liking it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    All this talk about women exposing themselves deliberately. Am I the only one who doesn't care? It's a boob! Or possibly boobs.... I don't care if I see them, my husband sees them or my son.
    Exactly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    Yes, it was a mothers group Christmas lunch so partners were invited.
    She wasn't walking around the restaurant like that but sat for an uncomfortable amount of time with her boobs exposed before picking up and putting baby back down.(she stood to pick up and put baby back down but no walking around)
    It's just bizarre.
    Both her and another friend of hers have done it a few times since at various locations but I have since moved house so I haven't been there to see it for myself.
    I've personally never seen this myself. At first I'd probably be surprised, I personally know my husband might go abit red. But then I'd just stop staring, it's not like I haven't seen a pair before. If it was someone I saw regularly I'd get used it.
    I'm assuming she was feeding a toddler? I've never fed a toddler, I'm assuming its a different ball game and she believes in it being a natural thing and to be available when beet toddler needs?
    Maybe she's felt comfortable at her mothers group and didn't think she'd get judged? I also assume she fed like that before infront of the group weekly at mums group hence feeling safe?

Anyhow, I don't think the hating is necessary.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    All this talk about women exposing themselves deliberately. Am I the only one who doesn't care? It's a boob! Or possibly boobs.... I don't care if I see them, my husband sees them or my son.
    Nope, just a boob to me!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Firstly why the labels? Do you label bottlefeeders as normal and aggressive? Are you aware that these 'normal' breastfeeders (as you define them) are the minority in the world of breastfeeding women? Maybe you should consider swapping your terms around to just breastfeeders and conservative breastfeeders? Or you could just stop labeling something that has nothing to do with you and use your amazing ability to move away from something you find obviously offensive?

Nothing to do with me?
    See, this is my point.
    If somebody decides to half undress themselves in my company at a restaurant table, it most certainly IS to do with me thank you very much.
    The rights of the breastfeeder is not paramount.
    I have rights too, if I wanted to see a half naked woman while eating my meal, there are places I can go and pay big money for that.
    This is all about nudity, and a small few taking their breastfeeding rights way too far.
    This has NOTHING to do with actually feeding a child, NOTHING.
    How many times must I repeat that?
    Honestly, this is becoming a joke.
    And btw, normal v aggressive was an attempt to describe the attitude of said women.
    I will use what ever words I like, not labels.

HAH!
    Honest to god.
    Have some off you not read this whole thread?
    There are at least 3 others who have encountered this same behaviour.
    Yes a boob is a boob, I've got two glorious ones myself thanks.
    As I said before it's not only to do with the over exposure but more to with the attitude and just expecting others to be happy to see you in all your glory in a
    setting where it is not normally seen and only hoping some one dare approach you.

Someones mummy, I'm not hating.
    I described a situation I and a friend found ourselves in because it came up in a previous post and I was actually going to mention it myself.
    I'm getting more back lash and hate fuelled replies for that than any one else who described similar situations.
    It's ridiculous, nit picking what words I use to describe people now, holy cow!
    Right, I think I have more than explained myself.
    I have no idea why I should have to defend my opinion from people who are proclaiming they have a live and let live attitude to others.
    The words pot and kettle spring to mind but there ye go.
    I don't want to see boobie over the dining table,
    for those who can't read what I am actually saying I mean a half naked woman with NO CHILD in her arms.
    I think that's acceptable, otherwise upper body clothing wouldn't be mandatory attire for us women.
    But stone me, lord god almighty, burn me at the stake for having that opinion.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (23-01-2013),FirstTimeMummy2012  (23-01-2013),jellybub  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes very funny.
    I had that on my FB wall mths back.
    While I agree that no breastfeeding mother should be told to cover up, there are those who are exposing themselves with NO child in arms who could do with being that we don't live in a jungle.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nothing to do with me?
    See, this is my point.
    If somebody decides to half undress themselves in my company at a restaurant table, it most certainly IS to do with me thank you very much.
    I have rights too, if I wanted to see a half naked woman while eating my meal, there are places I can go and pay big money for that.
    This is all about nudity, and a small few taking their breastfeeding rights way too far.
    And btw, normal v aggressive was an attempt to describe the attitude of said women.

HAH!
    Honest to god.
    As I said before it's not only to do with the over exposure but more to with the attitude and just expecting others to be happy to see you in all your glory in a
    setting where it is not normally seen and only hoping some one dare approach you.

I described a situation I and a friend found ourselves in because it came up in a previous post and I was actually going to mention it myself.
    I'm getting more back lash and hate fuelled replies for that than any one else who described similar situations.
    I have no idea why I should have to defend my opinion from people who are proclaiming they have a live and let live attitude to others.
    for those who can't read what I am actually saying I mean a half naked woman with NO CHILD in her arms.
    I think that's acceptable, otherwise upper body clothing wouldn't be mandatory attire for us women.
    Maybe you should carry around a blanket or wrap so you can cover your head next time it happens

13. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nothing to do with me?
    See, this is my point.

HAH!
    Honest to god.

I do think it's hating because you are saying she was doing it as some sort of eff you and the way your describing her intentions. But maybe it wasn't against you or her being an exhibitionist, maybe she was just making her milk available to her toddler and her only concern was that?
    I don't know, I think I'd need her to explain her intentions. But just the way you are describing it and how you have such a big problem with it I think is abit hateful towards it. But anyway, it bothered you alot, it wouldn't have bothered me as much.
    Maybe you should have told her to cover up

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Exactly Someones Mummy.

I hope all the bottle feeders pack their bottles away asap after they have finished feeding their children, they don't expose the nipple or leave the bottle sitting on the table at the restaurant when they are done. I hope they remember that I am trying to eat when they grab that formula dispenser out to mix up a bottle in front of me, better yet I think they should do that under a cover as well lest I be offended by the sight. How does my partner contain himself when he sees such a thing? And don't in hells name get that bottle out and prepped and ready before picking up your baby because we all know how easy it is to prep a bottle with a wiggling sometimes screaming child in your arms, pick that child up THAN get the bottle ready

P.S nothing against bottle feeding (yes I have done it!) just trying to show the irony.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 23-01-2013 at 11:24.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (23-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)