+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes I know Hootenanny,
    I can't answer for those people who have a problem with a mother feeding her child anywhere. Hopefully with enough discussion on the matter, the tables will turn and it will be those small minded people who ever complained or made a nasty face at a breastfeeding mother who will feel ashamed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    O.M.G
    Are people still quoting my first post without having read through to the rest.
    Right, I don't have time to quote or cut paste and copy a whole heap of things I've just read here BUT
    Normal breastfeeders,covers or no covers, breastfeeding on the side of a pool, on a swing , jumping out of a plane I DON'T CARE.

Aggressive breastfeeders, the ones who deliberately take out both breasts with the child no where near them, with the "I dare you to say anything to me" attitude. YES!!!
    I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOU!
    I have a problem with you doing it in a restaurant.
    I have a problem with you doing it in a library.
    I have a problem with you doing it mid conversation in front of my friend and her husband who have really really struggled to feed their baby and it brought up a lot of issues with them (ok that's their issues I admit) but they weren't in this lady's living room, no they were in a public place.
    Can you imagine if we all treated public places like our living room?
    By the way, this wasn't a one off, that was the first time my friends encountered it, but there are TWO if them at this particular group who are now doing this ALL THE TIME.

Ok look, these types are very few and far between.
    This is probably why a lot of you are taking offence to what I posted thinking I mean YOU.
    I don't.
    I am all for breastfeeding.
    I have gone through agony to get where I am and I will feed my baby where ever I please.
    As a breastfeeder though, I find those particular women really offensive, though I loathe to use that word. Not a lot offends me but this does and
    its more to do with the attitude than the boobs to be honest.
    I just think, you're asking for your rights to be acknowledged to breastfeed where ever you like, and yet you can't be polite enough to breast feed your child like the rest of us do?
    Nobody wants to see your boobs love, please.

And as for the comment on breastfeeding women using their boobs to entice other women's husbands, I hope that wasn't directed at me because I never said anything of the sort.

I will also add,
    when I used the term "flop them out"
    yep, that was directed as those breastfeeders I was originally posting about.
    I don't take that back.
    If they are taking them out with no child in their arms for a good couple of minutes, sometimes more, then what are they doing?
    Having a breastfed baby is not a licence for exhibitionists to go wild.
    Did she do this in a resteraunt at mothers group? And she just undid her top and walked about topless infront of men?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, it was a mothers group Christmas lunch so partners were invited.
    She wasn't walking around the restaurant like that but sat for an uncomfortable amount of time with her boobs exposed before picking up and putting baby back down.(she stood to pick up and put baby back down but no walking around)
    It's just bizarre.
    Both her and another friend of hers have done it a few times since at various locations but I have since moved house so I haven't been there to see it for myself.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    Normal breastfeeders,covers or no covers, breastfeeding on the side of a pool, on a swing , jumping out of a plane I DON'T CARE.

Aggressive breastfeeders, the ones who deliberately take out both breasts with the child no where near them, with the "I dare you to say anything to me" attitude. YES!!!
    Firstly why the labels? Do you label bottlefeeders as normal and aggressive? Are you aware that these 'normal' breastfeeders (as you define them) are the minority in the world of breastfeeding women? Maybe you should consider swapping your terms around to just breastfeeders and conservative breastfeeders? Or you could just stop labeling something that has nothing to do with you and use your amazing ability to move away from something you find obviously offensive?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Can't say I have ever seen a women deliberately expose her breasts without a baby in reach. And if someone has, well then, it wouldn't be for breastfeeding purposes so why connect the two together

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (23-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I think the *trick* to one handed feeding, or feeding in a carrier, is flexible boobs.

Flexible isn't exactly the most attractive trait for a boob (possibly otherwise known as stretched :-/) but right now I'm bfing katelyn who's laying next to me and I have both hands free for my giant smart-phone. Got to be some advantage to my boob sliding into my armpits when I lay on my back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    LoL- you know I've been pretty pleased to discover my boobs defying the restraints of my c cup since becoming pregnant lol. I am assuming a c cup might not be a "flexible" boob???

Just goes to show that we all have different boobs and that in itself impacts how we are able to feed!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Thank you, Missie Mack and Bec I will definitely need some words of encouragement!

And Bec - I never learnt how to do that! I mentioned it earlier (maybe in this thread or another), but for those first few weeks - which I never got beyond - my whole HEAD went under the muslin wrap! At one point my best friend was holding the wrap up for me, while I went under... Definitely would have got some funny looks at Coffee Club that day...
    Haha I can see myself being in that situation! I just got this mental imagery of a more extreme version of this: Perhaps we should invent BFing frames with like a wrap-around shower curtain type attachment lmaoooo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All this talk about women exposing themselves deliberately. Am I the only one who doesn't care? It's a boob! Or possibly boobs.... I don't care if I see them, my husband sees them or my son.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (23-01-2013),Hokey Pokey  (23-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (23-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (23-01-2013),FluffyDucks  (23-01-2013),Gothel  (23-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (23-01-2013),lambjam  (23-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

^^^ love it