+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

How it's done. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Attached Images

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (22-01-2013),GreenMama  (22-01-2013),Phony  (23-01-2013),River Song  (23-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Girl X congrats!
    Missie mack gave me so e great advice and support with bf'ing!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nawww...look at those little bubby hands going for the kneading pinch.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by jade24 View Post
    I had to breastfeed 6 month old DS on a train today and thanks to all the events of late, and many comments in this thread, I spent the whole feed worried that the woman next to me was grossed out by me feeding or if the other passengers thought I wa disgusting for feeding my son in public. It was a one hour train ride, I had no choice but to feed him there and then, but I've never felt so self conscious and anxious and stressed out whilst feeding

To be honest I'm counting down the days until DS weans now, such a horrible feeling but I hate the thought of people thinking I'm feeding in public just to flash a bit of skin to whoever is watching or to make a point.

I'm so sorry it's all had that effect on you. But I hope you can see the flip side- here on the hub, at the nurse-in, on the fb page and most importantly, out in the real world, there are so many women and men that support you, however you choose to feed your son! I so hope I make it to 6 months, I've had supply issues from the start, each week is a milestone for me and I'm so damn proud of being able to feed my baby, even if I have to top up with formula.
    Please know that any sensible person will realise you are not feeding to flash skin or make a point. Those voices saying things like that are often the loudest in Internet-land but not irl!
    I hope you can keep enjoying feeding your son

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (23-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post
    I am absolutely astounded, beyond belief, that some of you think that there are many women out there who go out of their way to draw attention to their breasts by the simple natural act of breastfeeding! This is worse than any man wolf whistling or singling out a woman because of the fact that she is female. How on earth do you expect any woman to feel confident in her ability to nurture and nourish her child in a unselfconscious way when you, another mother, is nastily silently accusing her of showing off her breasts! Obviously, this is why there is little expectation or cultural support for breastfeeding in this country, despite the EDUCATION that is now available.
    I am absolutley gobsmacked! Not once, ever, did I think to announce to anyone that I was "about to breastfeed". Now, I know what some of you were thinking? This is disgusting, and I am amazed that I have only just found out what some were thinking when I was happily engrossed in breastfeeding my beautiful baby. I could not have cared less if you or YOUR HUSBAND, saw my breast! Get over it.

They're breasts, their mine, and they are nothing to do with you.
    Well said.
    Yep, I was pretty shocked at the reaction I got from other mums and from bf mums no doubt. I never ever thought for a second I was being judged or that I had to warn people I was about to bf. If I see a bf mum now, I don't even look twice (maybe just to remember how special it was) but that's it.

I thought it was fantastic the women who went to the nurse in and all the women coming togther, bf mums and non, dads, friends/family to give support through facebook and whatnot. I think it's sad not all women could support the cause because it affects the way our society sees breastfeeding.
    I don't think I've ever said that a woman shouldn't cover up, it's her choice to do what she feels comfortable with. But in saying that, I do wish there comes a time where women aren't embaressed or ashamed of what they're doing or feel that it's exposing something. I've personally shown alot more in terms of cleavage than I did when I was bf. I do wish women could feed when they need to and not look around a train for example and be scared they're being judged

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (22-01-2013),Clarabelle  (24-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Yeah I saw on fb someone say "I bfed 4 kids and I did it with a cover etc I can't see why anyone else can't" Gah!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think one of the worst FB comments was a woman commenting that BF in public was offensive and rude and breastfeeding women are just seeking attention and should learn to cover up (and some rubbish about being respectful to their husbands by being discreet).

This was bad enough but her profile pic was a photo of her hugging a child. At the beach. Wearing a very skimpy bikini. Showing way more flesh than I can even imagine showing while feeding. Soooo...it's OK for her to embrace her child. In public. Wearing VERY little (and I mean, the bikini looked wayyyy too small LOL). And showing LOADS of boob. But not OK for women to feed their babies. In public. I was hoping she was a troll but she was a real person. Doubles sigh.

Between this and some of my FB friends (women with small children) moaning about how they are SO OVER the bf crap filling up their newsfeed...but it was OK for them to show pics of their kids eating but not of a woman bfing her baby....well, I had to take a backstep to FB for a few days.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (23-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    O.M.G
    Are people still quoting my first post without having read through to the rest.
    Right, I don't have time to quote or cut paste and copy a whole heap of things I've just read here BUT
    Normal breastfeeders,covers or no covers, breastfeeding on the side of a pool, on a swing , jumping out of a plane I DON'T CARE.

Aggressive breastfeeders, the ones who deliberately take out both breasts with the child no where near them, with the "I dare you to say anything to me" attitude. YES!!!
    I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOU!
    I have a problem with you doing it in a restaurant.
    I have a problem with you doing it in a library.
    I have a problem with you doing it mid conversation in front of my friend and her husband who have really really struggled to feed their baby and it brought up a lot of issues with them (ok that's their issues I admit) but they weren't in this lady's living room, no they were in a public place.
    Can you imagine if we all treated public places like our living room?
    By the way, this wasn't a one off, that was the first time my friends encountered it, but there are TWO if them at this particular group who are now doing this ALL THE TIME.

Ok look, these types are very few and far between.
    This is probably why a lot of you are taking offence to what I posted thinking I mean YOU.
    I don't.
    I am all for breastfeeding.
    I have gone through agony to get where I am and I will feed my baby where ever I please.
    As a breastfeeder though, I find those particular women really offensive, though I loathe to use that word. Not a lot offends me but this does and
    its more to do with the attitude than the boobs to be honest.
    I just think, you're asking for your rights to be acknowledged to breastfeed where ever you like, and yet you can't be polite enough to breast feed your child like the rest of us do?
    Nobody wants to see your boobs love, please.

And as for the comment on breastfeeding women using their boobs to entice other women's husbands, I hope that wasn't directed at me because I never said anything of the sort.

I will also add,
    when I used the term "flop them out"
    yep, that was directed as those breastfeeders I was originally posting about.
    I don't take that back.
    If they are taking them out with no child in their arms for a good couple of minutes, sometimes more, then what are they doing?
    Having a breastfed baby is not a licence for exhibitionists to go wild.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (23-01-2013),dancingchipmunk  (23-01-2013),FirstTimeMummy2012  (23-01-2013),jellybub  (23-01-2013),NurseAnni  (23-01-2013)

up in the sky so high zoom zoom zooma zoom zoom
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh was just telling me he got into a heated disagreement with his offsider at work over this whole issue yesterday, haha! He was saying his workmate found it disgusting that a woman would breastfeed.... mind you he is only 19years old so dh put him in his place lol im sure his co-worker is a little more enlightened today Dh is quiet happy he got his point across tho I find it fantastic that its got people talking about the issue now! To think a bunch of burly truckies are talking about it yay!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lozie For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (23-01-2013),GreenMama  (23-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (23-01-2013),River Song  (23-01-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (23-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    O.M.G
    Are people still quoting my first post without having read through to the rest.
    Right, I don't have time to quote or cut paste and copy a whole heap of things I've just read here BUT
    Normal breastfeeders,covers or no covers, breastfeeding on the side of a pool, on a swing , jumping out of a plane I DON'T CARE.

Aggressive breastfeeders, the ones who deliberately take out both breasts with the child no where near them, with the "I dare you to say anything to me" attitude. YES!!!
    I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOU!
    Ok so now breast feeding mothers know your threshold, what about the next person's and the next and the next!!! There are women breastfeeding in public worrying 'is this fine', 'is this too much', it doesn't matter what she does there will be people with an issue with it. And you know what - tough!! They need to suck it up and move along if they can't cope.
    There will also be a tiny number of women who do not have a care in the world, criticism will not change that.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)