+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    I'm here too! I found having an online cheer squad very supporting.

It took me a good few weeks before I learnt to feed one handed. I wonder how I was supposed to cover up when both hands were being used to support my baby and boob?
    Same, I needed both hands for at least the first 6 weeks as my daughter was a menace for falling asleep on the breast. 2 sucks and she was out, every time. I needed my other hand holding her head constantly because it would fall back and I had to keep gently waking her back up so she could keep eating.

Lol GirlX I did the muslin wrap over my entire head thing a couple of times in the first couple of weeks and then I promptly decided I did not enjoy looking or feeling like I was in a tent! Oh and big congrats

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (22-01-2013),Guest654  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

And yet not one negative comment on this advertisment filling up my newsfeed FFS!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Attached Images

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Someones Mummy  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Love that Nat11 - wish I had've known who you were to say hi

One thing that has irked me was the press saying there was only my partner and one other male there - not true! There were plenty of supportive dads which was great

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    And yet not one negative comment on this advertisment filling up my newsfeed FFS! Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Oh poor Kochie will need to take a powder and a lie down over that one! Would make a fabulous avatar though!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (22-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nat11 View Post
    I must admit, I've skipped quite a lot of the last few pages of comments but I wanted to share this as an example of how doing the nurse-in affected some of the roughest, toughest men I know.

I've been copping a bit of flak about attending the nurse-in from a few people on my Facebook. I thought I'd share this response from my husband (who works in an extremely male dominated field and is generally expected to be "tough and manly"). It was directed at a male friend who was commenting about how disappointed he is that Kochie has been run down for having an opinion because he has "valid points".

He wrote:

"What valid points? The guy is a complete debit! His opinion on breastfeeding is childish. But what really irks me is his complete lack of social responsibility. He is in a position where he can reach millions and unfortunately his opinion influences people.

I went to the nurse-in to support Nat and the other Mums because as a father I get to see every tiny, dirty, stressful detail of what it takes for a woman to bring a child into this world and sustain it. I can't even begin to describe the amazing work, and dedication that I witnessed from Natalie over the past three years, with Lucas and our little poppyseed.

These women need and deserve every little bit of respect and encouragement from us for the amazing work they do. These comments and attitudes are completely unacceptable for a modern society. They shouldn't feel awkward for looking after their child the way nature intended them to. (Perhaps why the government legislated the way they did)

I don't mean the following to be condescending in any way but - you won't understand exactly what effect his comments have until you become a father and see it all for yourself..."

Many of his other male friends "liked" and positively commented on his response and not one agreed with the original poster. If doing this nurse-in has brought the positives of breastfeeding to these men, the most unlikely of breastfeeding supporters, then it will have reached many more. Job well done I say.
    He's a keeper. My hubby has been having his say on fb and news websites. for these great men/dads.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

I must admit, I've skipped quite a lot of the last few pages of comments but I wanted to share this as an example of how doing the nurse-in affected some of the roughest, toughest men I know.

I've been copping a bit of flak about attending the nurse-in from a few people on my Facebook. I thought I'd share this response from my husband (who works in an extremely male dominated field and is generally expected to be "tough and manly"). It was directed at a male friend who was commenting about how disappointed he is that Kochie has been run down for having an opinion because he has "valid points".

He wrote:

"What valid points? The guy is a complete debit! His opinion on breastfeeding is childish. But what really irks me is his complete lack of social responsibility. He is in a position where he can reach millions and unfortunately his opinion influences people.

I went to the nurse-in to support Nat and the other Mums because as a father I get to see every tiny, dirty, stressful detail of what it takes for a woman to bring a child into this world and sustain it. I can't even begin to describe the amazing work, and dedication that I witnessed from Natalie over the past three years, with Lucas and our little poppyseed.

These women need and deserve every little bit of respect and encouragement from us for the amazing work they do. These comments and attitudes are completely unacceptable for a modern society. They shouldn't feel awkward for looking after their child the way nature intended them to. (Perhaps why the government legislated the way they did)

I don't mean the following to be condescending in any way but - you won't understand exactly what effect his comments have until you become a father and see it all for yourself..."

Many of his other male friends "liked" and positively commented on his response and not one agreed with the original poster. If doing this nurse-in has brought the positives of breastfeeding to these men, the most unlikely of breastfeeding supporters, then it will have reached many more. Job well done I say.
    Fantastic! What a wonderful partner!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

He wrote:

Please give your man a big, squeezy hug from me.
    Last edited by Atropos; 22-01-2013 at 20:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    Same, I needed both hands for at least the first 6 weeks as my daughter was a menace for falling asleep on the breast. 2 sucks and she was out, every time. I needed my other hand holding her head constantly because it would fall back and I had to keep gently waking her back up so she could keep eating.

Lol GirlX I did the muslin wrap over my entire head thing a couple of times in the first couple of weeks and then I promptly decided I did not enjoy looking or feeling like I was in a tent! Oh and big congrats
    Big congrats from me too!

And, yep, I was so unco at trying to feed. Those damn floppy boobs needing all my support. And to think I just wanted to be able to use the remote to get the TV off The Love Boat at 2am!

For all of you who struggled with the one-handed or no-handed feed, take heart. When I had #2, he latched on immediately and I was able to feed with no-hands from the start. What a difference it made to my confidence. I remember sitting up in bed at the hospital feeding bub and having my dinner. What a nice change from my food always going cold for the first....weeks...months...with DS1!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I think the *trick* to one handed feeding, or feeding in a carrier, is flexible boobs.

Flexible isn't exactly the most attractive trait for a boob (possibly otherwise known as stretched :-/) but right now I'm bfing katelyn who's laying next to me and I have both hands free for my giant smart-phone. Got to be some advantage to my boob sliding into my armpits when I lay on my back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    YES! It took me a while to work out that all that flexibility was good for something!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post
    I am absolutely astounded, beyond belief, that some of you think that there are many women out there who go out of their way to draw attention to their breasts by the simple natural act of breastfeeding! This is worse than any man wolf whistling or singling out a woman because of the fact that she is female. How on earth do you expect any woman to feel confident in her ability to nurture and nourish her child in a unselfconscious way when you, another mother, is nastily silently accusing her of showing off her breasts! Obviously, this is why there is little expectation or cultural support for breastfeeding in this country, despite the EDUCATION that is now available.
    I am absolutley gobsmacked! Not once, ever, did I think to announce to anyone that I was "about to breastfeed". Now, I know what some of you were thinking? This is disgusting, and I am amazed that I have only just found out what some were thinking when I was happily engrossed in breastfeeding my beautiful baby. I could not have cared less if you or YOUR HUSBAND, saw my breast! Get over it.

They're breasts, their mine, and they are nothing to do with you.
    perfectly said