+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    On the topic of respect, what about respect for the sex discrimination act? Asking mothers to cover up or move goes against the law. people telling mothers how to feed their own babies are saying a big 'stuff you' to an incredibly powerful and important piece of legislation.

don't like feeding in public? Don't. Don't like seeing it? Don't look. Have some respect for the law and mothers trying to go about their day in peace, free from vitriol.
    Exactly, I wonder if he had of made a racist or homophobic comment would we even be debating it? Or is it only ok because we are talking about the minority of women and children?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Benji  (23-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013),twotrunks  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Cat21 View Post

Ultimately, I learned that you really don't know what you'll do until you're in that situation. I don't care if women cover up. I only care that they do it for themselves and not because that's what they think they should do.
    Yes

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Exactly, I wonder if he had of made a racist or homophobic comment would we even be debating it? Or is it only ok because we are talking about the minority of women and children?
    Yep, because when you're offending women by going against something that's regarding them that's protected by law, it's not a case of discrimination, it's just the wimmens being the crazy wimmens.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (22-01-2013),Mathermy  (22-01-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Aww come along... he has an opinion and a right to have it yannnoo...
    This kind of gets though. No, no one has the right to an opinion that discriminates. I don't go around saying something racist and then say I have a right to that opinion, cause no, you don't.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    This kind of gets though. No, no one has the right to an opinion that discriminates. I don't go around saying something racist and then say I have a right to that opinion, cause no, you don't.
    Exactly. So why all the hate around women and children people?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Exactly. So why all the hate around women and children people?
    Because women are bored attention seeking housewives with nothing better to do.

I prefer to think it's because we know how to do two amazing things. Give birth. And provide nourishment. And that makes the nasty minority jealous. And threatened.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I assume this one was for me. I do not disrespect your choice to cover up. I am merely asking you to not be hard on yourself if it doesn't go the way you hope it will.
    Nope this wasn't written with you in mind. I won't be hard on myself no worries

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jade24 View Post
    I had to breastfeed 6 month old DS on a train today and thanks to all the events of late, and many comments in this thread, I spent the whole feed worried that the woman next to me was grossed out by me feeding or if the other passengers thought I wa disgusting for feeding my son in public. It was a one hour train ride, I had no choice but to feed him there and then, but I've never felt so self conscious and anxious and stressed out whilst feeding

To be honest I'm counting down the days until DS weans now, such a horrible feeling but I hate the thought of people thinking I'm feeding in public just to flash a bit of skin to whoever is watching or to make a point.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...43124509_n.jpg

16. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat21 View Post
    I prefer to think it's because we know how to do two amazing things. Give birth. And provide nourishment. And that makes the nasty minority jealous. And threatened.
    I'm not hating on anyone, but I couldn't do either of those things.

But no jealousy here. I figure I do heaps of amazing things anyway...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)