+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

I'm more shocked by the lack of support by other mothers, and the message they give that covering up is a choice. The ones that don't are choosing to put it out there. Most women don't have the choice.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),Lozie  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't wait to bf in a few weeks, and I will be doing it in public I don't care what anyone else says or thinks!

If my teenage brothers and Muslim father in law can handle me feeding in front of them I'm sure everyone else can follow their lead and avert their eyes!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    I'm more shocked by the lack of support by other mothers, and the message they give that covering up is a choice. The ones that don't are choosing to put it out there. Most women don't have the choice.
    I'm always saddened but sadly not shocked when mothers tear down the choices and rights of other mothers.

I don't mean this thread here I mean the volume of comments on Facebook the last few days from women. Just really sad.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (22-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you kipplusthree, I hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    Yes, I guess this is what I worry about. Those saying 'Well I will be discreet and will cover up as it's respectful to others!' It's implying that just because I don't hang a sheet over my baby's head that I'm not respectful or modest etc. and that I must have them 'flopped out' (ugh, I hate that term) for all to see.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jade24 For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

It's very sad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    No offence but you don't know me so you can't say how I may or may not be. I on the other hand know myself very well and yes, I haven't breast fed as yet but I can tell you that I stand by how I said I would be like. I will always be aware of my surroundings and I will always cover up because that's just how I am and how I was raised. If you don't want to cover up then don't, I really don't care! But don't tell me that I won't because I know that I will.
    Just curious- what will you do if you find yourself in the situation I was in today. I ran out of nappies so grabbed the baby and nipped to the chemist 2 doors down. They were out of her size, so i went to the supermarket- also out of her size. So i go to the supermarket in the next suburb (baring in mind that i thought i'd be less than 10 minutes so had brought nothing with me- it ended up being an hour round trip). Walk into the shops and the baby suddenly wakes, screaming bloody murder to be fed. There are no parent's rooms. I'm halfway between the supermarket and the exit. I can go get the nappies with a screaming babe then head back home to feed her (i don't drive, but if you'd driven then back to the car) that's at least 10 minutes of piercing screaming, and everyone's looking at me. Or i could plonk myself down on the nearest bench in a 'high traffic area' (no other option at this shopping centre), lift my t-shirt and undo my bra, where the babe is covering nearly all exposed skin, and feed my child, get the nappies and we all go home happily. I chose the second option, what would you do?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (22-01-2013),GreenMama  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The comments I read on facebook were from breastfeeding mums!! That they cover up and very discreet and other women should be doing the same, by breasfeeding in public your not being respectful of your surroundings etc etc. Basically what Koch was saying. Which I find totally baffeling, because as a bf mum it's not like I enjoyed getting them out in public, I didn't have a choice. I used to have attachment issues and getting her to latch was my biggest issue, trying to keep a cover over was impossible, and I had a toddler so I could never go in a parents room and sit and feed for an hour, I mostly had do it then and there, sometimes I'd be out with dh shopping and I'd walk and feed because we had stuff to do. I could never just sit somewhere and feed, I may as well have stayed home.
    And as a bf mum I can't believe they don't understand that? I trul wonder how those women who were discreet at all times ever left the house really? But if you did manage, at least have the understanding that it's not like that for everyone and it's not something I was "flaunting"

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (22-01-2013),Boobycino  (22-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),Lozie  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    On the topic of respect, what about respect for the sex discrimination act? Asking mothers to cover up or move goes against the law. people telling mothers how to feed their own babies are saying a big 'stuff you' to an incredibly powerful and important piece of legislation.

don't like feeding in public? Don't. Don't like seeing it? Don't look. Have some respect for the law and mothers trying to go about their day in peace, free from vitriol.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (22-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),Mathermy  (22-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Just curious- what will you do if you find yourself in the situation I was in today. I ran out of nappies so grabbed the baby and nipped to the chemist 2 doors down. They were out of her size, so i went to the supermarket- also out of her size. So i go to the supermarket in the next suburb (baring in mind that i thought i'd be less than 10 minutes so had brought nothing with me- it ended up being an hour round trip). Walk into the shops and the baby suddenly wakes, screaming bloody murder to be fed. There are no parent's rooms. I'm halfway between the supermarket and the exit. I can go get the nappies with a screaming babe then head back home to feed her (i don't drive, but if you'd driven then back to the car) that's at least 10 minutes of piercing screaming, and everyone's looking at me. Or i could plonk myself down on the nearest bench in a 'high traffic area' (no other option at this shopping centre), lift my t-shirt and undo my bra, where the babe is covering nearly all exposed skin, and feed my child, get the nappies and we all go home happily. I chose the second option, what would you do?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Absolutely option two!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I think he is just determined to have the last word and will use his position in the media to do so.
    Indeed. "I can use my position on national TV to express my opinion my if you use social media to express yours in return I'll cry in my sandbox":

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (22-01-2013),Busy-Bee  (22-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (22-01-2013)