+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by jellybub View Post

Regarding the issue at the pool. Yes that was unfortunate, but the staff at the pool have apologised to her. Also, were any of you there? I think unless you know 100% what happened and what exactly was said, then maybe it should be left alone.
    Exactly this.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Yeah I guess it makes sense just to have the training in the places where mums would be feeding! Lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jellybub For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I still can't believe this is still going on either! At the end of the day, we are all different and have difference in opinions. move on. I have bigger things to worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's evolved a bit beyond the initial discussion to include other stuff...

I'd say if anyone wants to talk then let them talk. If you feel you've talked enough, then step away... Each to their own.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (22-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh look, more people trying to police women's bodies *yawn* what's new?

Don't like how I feed my baby/toddler/child? Well you can just STFU because I don't give a poop what your 'opinion' is

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),Mathermy  (22-01-2013),sweetsugardumplin'  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    No offence but you don't know me so you can't say how I may or may not be. I on the other hand know myself very well and yes, I haven't breast fed as yet but I can tell you that I stand by how I said I would be like. I will always be aware of my surroundings and I will always cover up because that's just how I am and how I was raised. If you don't want to cover up then don't, I really don't care! But don't tell me that I won't because I know that I will.
    So anyone who doesn't cover up wasn't raised to be modest? Do you think women love having a baby attached to their boob for all the world to see? You do it because you have to and covering up or feeding your baby in the loo isn't practical. When you do actually bf you will realise how difficult it can be, until then no you don't know how you'll be because you don't know how demanding your baby will be.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

Amira  (22-01-2013),babybabycakes  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I can't believe people are still saying "I can't believe this is still going"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (22-01-2013),Benji  (22-01-2013),GreenMama  (22-01-2013),Guest654  (22-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I had to breastfeed 6 month old DS on a train today and thanks to all the events of late, and many comments in this thread, I spent the whole feed worried that the woman next to me was grossed out by me feeding or if the other passengers thought I wa disgusting for feeding my son in public. It was a one hour train ride, I had no choice but to feed him there and then, but I've never felt so self conscious and anxious and stressed out whilst feeding

To be honest I'm counting down the days until DS weans now, such a horrible feeling but I hate the thought of people thinking I'm feeding in public just to flash a bit of skin to whoever is watching or to make a point.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jade24 For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jade24 View Post
    I had to breastfeed 6 month old DS on a train today and thanks to all the events of late, and many comments in this thread, I spent the whole feed worried that the woman next to me was grossed out by me feeding or if the other passengers thought I wa disgusting for feeding my son in public. It was a one hour train ride, I had no choice but to feed him there and then, but I've never felt so self conscious and anxious and stressed out whilst feeding

To be honest I'm counting down the days until DS weans now, such a horrible feeling but I hate the thought of people thinking I'm feeding in public just to flash a bit of skin to whoever is watching or to make a point.
    It's sad but I feel a little like this too. I knew there was some negativity out there but I didn't realise there was so much from other women who have recently had children.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollychops For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Jade24 I know exactly what you mean. I often have this in the back of my mind too and we shouldn't have to! BUT there will always be narrow minded people out there. Try to focus on all the other people on that train who may have been thinking 'Good on her!', the others who simply didn't notice or care.. And for those that may have judged you, probably didn't spend more then a moment being imo stupid losers and after that went on with their day. You don't know them so why spend any of your time stressing about their momentary ridiculous judgements! What you're doing is what's best for your bub xx and plenty of people do agree!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)