+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Just thought Id add that in Alice Springs it is common practice for women to have the whole boob out feeding while walking around the town.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

I heard kochie in a phone interview on 92.9 in WA today and he again said "WE breastfed all of our children". Haha......mental images of kochie breastfeeding have been haunting me all afternoon!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (21-01-2013),squirrelex  (21-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let me make this very clear. I am not against breast feeding in public. You gotta do what you gotta do. Your baby is hungry and won't feed under a cloth then you don't use one full stop. I don't care either way what you do. But I do care what I do and I know that I am the type of person that will cover up just because that's who I am. Doesn't make me wrong or right. It just is.

I think the thing to remember is that you haven't been there yet. You don't know what you will be like yet. Of course first time Mum's feel the need to cover up and some are lucky enough to have babies that allow this. By the time you are on your third or fourth child the majority of mothers feel more comfortable with the idea of feeding, are way too busy to even care about covering up and for a lot of other reasons are more likely to feel comfortable breastfeeding without a cover. You are exactly right, you will do what you have to do, but don't be too hasty in saying you will or will not do anything. The best idea going into parenting is to have no expectations, that way you won't be disappointed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennybaby For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say good job girls! You both looked fantastic in the press/tv and are such good examples for all Mummies.

Thanks
    Reviews

Well done for helping 'normalise' breastfeeding in society, thankyou i hope I may feel more comfortable feeding in public now
    To all those that have a problem with exposed breasts, what about what u see at the beach? Some women sunbathe topless. Others wear itsy bitsy bickinis that show 90% of their breasts. Why has there never been a backlash about that, why are there not facebook pages and news articles about how people are appalled? Because shamefully, as that wonderful article stated (link earlier by greenmama) that our society sees breasts as purely sexual. Thankyou all who are helping to educate society.

Eta: actually second thoughts, the sexualisation of a womans chest vs the sexualisation of a mans chest is a seperate issue altogether so have deleted that part of my comment
    Last edited by Smurfberrylizard; 21-01-2013 at 20:54.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Smurfberrylizard For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Kochie puts yet another nail in the coffin....
    http://m.theage.com.au/opinion/polit...121-2d39n.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What I would like to know is: How does a breastfeeding mum in public affect you? What is it that people don't like and find so offensive that they just can't continue with their activity and function?
    Instead of just looking away, which apprently is too hard for some, why do your feelings seem more important than the mother and baby?
    I want someone to answer this for me.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (22-01-2013),GreenMama  (22-01-2013),HugsBunny  (22-01-2013),Lozie  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    Yeah look, what I meant by insensitive was dangling your boobies in front of the husbands of women who aren't breastfeeding their babies because they just couldn't.
    Thats insensitive to other mothers in my mind.
    If there's any women on here who couldn't breastfeed their child and is still upset about it, how would you feel if at a mothers group one mother just whipped them out and fed her child in front of you and your DH ?
    Now look I'm going off an experience I've had, and these particular mothers were not in a hurry to get the child latched on if you know what I mean.
    I'm talking extreme behaviour not the average breast feeder,sorry if I'm not making myself clear, I've got two children pillow fighting on the bed behind me.
    To me, you using the phrasing 'dangling your boobies in front of the husbands' is insensitive. It implies that women are somehow trying to entice married men, & that's just an offensive suggestion. Also, I think it's way out of line to expect breast feeding women to hide what they are doing so that women who couldn't breast feed won't see them. The result of which would lead to even more women not being able to breastfeed, surely that isn't what you wish to see?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (22-01-2013),Mulva  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonZie View Post
    Kochie puts yet another nail in the coffin....
    http://m.theage.com.au/opinion/polit...121-2d39n.html
    I think he is just determined to have the last word and will use his position in the media to do so.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am all for public feeding, fed my kids here, there and everywhere.

HOWEVER...just as there are many things you do a certain way at home differently than you do in public, i do think (like in all aspects of life) that there is room to be considerate of others. Now, to me this does not mean "covering the bub and boob" while feeding...but it does mean, not having both boobs out for no reason. Does that make sense? I don't think that we should "stay out of high traffic areas" or "warn people" (LOL) but, that doesn't mean we should not care about anyone else but ourselves. Just as I don't let my kids run about in a restaurant the same way they could at home....just as I have clothes I wear at home but not out and about....just as a speak a different way if there are kids about (ie no swearing, not that i swear a lot)...i consider the people around me.

I've forgotten to pull my feeding shirt back down before...but had a bra underneath....I cannot tell you how many times I forgot to reclip my bra though...no one is saying that accidents won't happen. But, the people with a huge agenda who are trying to provoke a response, are harming the cause and not helping at all. Attending to bubs needs is great....but bubs cannot feed off 2 boobs at the one time and bubs does not need boobs out while being put back in the pram etc.

I think that is where I see it different...that as a member of society, we need to care about others and if we want support...the best way is to not put people so far offside that they push back hard in the opposite direction. The law is on our side...so the best thing is just to keep on keeping on and try and educate as you go.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (22-01-2013),FrothyFrog  (22-01-2013),Guest654  (22-01-2013),jellybub  (22-01-2013),mixinitup  (22-01-2013),rb29  (22-01-2013),soon2bmumzy  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (23-01-2013)