+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    So many male commentators (on other sites) have stated things such as 'how hard is it to through a cloth over her?' Sometimes, dear boys, it IS hard. Damn hard. Unless I grow a third (and perhaps fourth) arm!
    But it's so much easier than them turning their head and not looking! 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

I'm going to get throttled here, but I do agree with Little Smile to some extent.

There is one scenario where I, as a bf'ing mother at the time, was rather uncomfortable. I was having lunch in a busy food court when a fellow bf'ing Mum had finished feeding bub, she stood up with both breasts still fully out (had a strapless dress on so had it pulled down below her breasts), put bub back in the pram then talked to her friend before finally sitting down and putting her breasts away.

There is a difference between having to expose your breast/s to feed bub and a blatant disregard for the people around you and I'm afraid some mothers get the lines confused, putting a wrongfully negative view on the majority.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

jellybub  (21-01-2013),Phony  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    Doing it at a mothers group in front of other non-breastfeeding mothers and their husbands is just plain insenstive.
    really? I'm a non-breastfeeding mother... tbh, the though of ME breastfeeding makes me feel ill.

Am I offended if someone is breastfeeding if I'm around? absolutely not. I don't give it a second thought, why? because I just see another mum feeding her child.

I think breastfeeding is a wonderful, natural thing to see... just not for me. I choose to bottlefeed, who am I to get on my high horse and get offended by breastfeeding?

well done girls who attended today

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CupidsVictim For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (21-01-2013),soon2bmumzy  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know I've been pretty annoyed by all the comments people have put on various sites and absolutely proud of all the women who showed up at ' breaky central ' ( barf) . The fact is all boobs are different and all babies are different . I don't have the kind of boobs that I can move a bit of top and my child feed.... I have to get the whole thing out. Yes I cover with a cloth but sometimes the baby is hot or she is wriggling or it's windy so I'm sorry your going to get an eyeful it just happens .... What worries me a bit is new breast feeding mums... To get a good supply going you need to feed a lot and these mums cannot stay at home 24/7 , we need to support these women. I'm on baby number three . I'm am lucky I found breast feeding easy after a few months but the first one it took quite some time and pain to really get it . This should really be supported in our communities, we women go through such a lot to keep the human race afloat ...... Forget about being classy and respectful to others .... People should be respecting us mums for keeping our children alive and going through the pain of birth and feeding our young .... Really if you have an issue with breastfeeding your disrespecting your own mother.

Feed away ladies your doing a brilliant job. I'm proud of us all. My mum bottle fed me as she found it so hard breast feeding and I'm proud of her too.

I'm finnished with the topic but I'm going to feed my bub for as long as she wants and where and when she needs it and if you see my nipple ( unintentionally ) I'm sure you'll survive . I have been attacked by numerous men's farts over the years in high traffic areas and I tell you there was no class there. Ha ha ha!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (21-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (21-01-2013),ToonZie  (21-01-2013),TreeGirl  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Little Smile - I think I get what you're saying.

I've seen a couple of the more extreme types of feeding that you're talking about. It sounds to me as if you're not talking about normal everyday feeding at all. Or even ones where a mum is flustered/ forgetful/ wrestling an octopus child.

If you're talking about the same thing I've seen, then you're talking about deliberately getting both boobs out in a kind of 'making a point' way, long before (and long after) the child is anywhere near them.

And when I say 'making a point', I don't mean that I'm horribly judging some poor woman who is stressed trying to wrangle a wriggly child, or juggling things. I'm talking about women who (in my experience) say things like "YES. It's a boob. So WHAT? I'm ABOUT to feed my child. Anyone have a PROBLEM?" (And I've seen that happen with 2 different people.)

I do think that's a bit over the top, and it seemed more about pushing a somewhat aggressive agenda / daring people to comment or be embarrassed than anything to do with feeding a child.

I don't think there's any call for deliberately trying to embarrass people, or for an attitude where one isn't warranted.

I think that behaviour is really rare though, and if you haven't experienced it then maybe it seems as if Little Smile was attacking the everyday BF mum.

(I also didn't think she was saying BF in front of people who couldn't was bad, just that being aggressive in attitude about BF in front of them was a bit unfair - that's how I read it anyway...)

I think we're all pretty much on the same page with this thread, and all in agreement that BF in public should be a non-issue.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (21-01-2013),GreenMama  (21-01-2013),jellybub  (21-01-2013),Phony  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks redlipsandpearls, it's exactly that behaviour I'm talking about.
    It's not the struggling new mother, or an accidental slip of a breast.
    It's a small few who take it to the extreme but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    I guess because of the connotation that you are getting your breasts out wantonly, with no regard for anyone. To me it suggests that you are just carelessly flopping them around for no good reason! That's just my view though

That's exactly how I feel about those type of breastfeeders though, TreeGirl.
    Those small few kind of are flopping them about for no good reason with no regard for those around them.
    I think you'd have to see it to believe it though and a lot of people here haven't.

I'm not going to bother respond to other posters having a dig because I think I've explained myself enough.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

jellybub  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Girl X,
    I just saw your post after I hit send.
    Yourself and redlipsandpearls hit the nail on the head and said it way better than I ever could, but I should have taken more time before I posted originally.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I'm going to get throttled here, but I do agree with Little Smile to some extent.

There is one scenario where I, as a bf'ing mother at the time, was rather uncomfortable. I was having lunch in a busy food court when a fellow bf'ing Mum had finished feeding bub, she stood up with both breasts still fully out (had a strapless dress on so had it pulled down below her breasts), put bub back in the pram then talked to her friend before finally sitting down and putting her breasts away.

There is a difference between having to expose your breast/s to feed bub and a blatant disregard for the people around you and I'm afraid some mothers get the lines confused, putting a wrongfully negative view on the majority.
    Maybe it took her a minute before she realised it was still out and was playing it off cooly or wasn't that distressed by the potential oversight?

It really wouldn't bother me to see someone who had a boob out a little longer than average. I really struggle with the idea that it's such a big deal compared to just not looking or turning ones head and going about ones day.

A person at work says to me on a weekly basis "oh your tummy is getting better how cute" and wants to cop a feel (it's not really getting that big an I've tried to remind her since I was 6 weeks that it's really just my usual curvy tummy lol) makes me uncomfortable sometimes and even annoyed. But I know she's just a little loopy lol and I go on about my day.

Why is it that when the label "mother" or "parent" becomes applicable, people suddenly think their unsolicited opinions are suddenly welcome?

Why can't we just live and let feed?

Why can't Kochie express his opinions a little more discreetly?

A friend of mine said today something that is as true as it is sad in response to women defending Kochie: "Motherhood: the worlds most competitive sport"

*sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    The majority of women don't walk about with their breasts hanging out just because. The whole issue is about breastfeeding in public, not about how long your boobs are exposed before you start feeding your child.
    It deflects from the actual topic of what mums are trying to say and get across.
    What the person did to the mum at the pool was wrong, anyone who tells a mum to cover up or move is wrong in doing so. Mums should be supported and encouraged and no stigma or discrimination attached, its normal and healthy, that is all.
    And so what if you see someones boobs for longer or more of than you'd like. Seriously so what? We're suddenly all prudish as a society? Just look away

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (22-01-2013),BornToBe  (22-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (22-01-2013),Stiflers Mom  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Many times during my BF journey/struggle I've left a breast pad stuck to my leg, a nursing bra left open, and/or a top pulled up. Not intentionally or in an exhibitionist way, but because I'm too damned tired to know WTF I'm doing. So why assume that these ladies who are "flopping their boobs" out are doing so to p@*s the general public off by making a point?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollychops For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (21-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (21-01-2013),ToonZie  (21-01-2013)