+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hollychops View Post
    Never seen this anywhere. But if I did I wouldn't be bothered. I'd probably be in awe of their big boobies compared to my pathetic excuse for boobies
    Haha, well ok then.
    Its not that I'm completely offended by breasts,
    I just think being so relaxed about breastfeeding in public that you can sit with it all hanging out in front of total strangers, is along the same lines of people who go out in public wearing their pyjamas.
    It's uncalled for and no one really wants to see it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never seen an 'extreme bf-er'....sure they are out there like anything else....so its hard for me to judge how I would feel.

If I didnt know someone and they flopped out two boobs to feed one baby and left the other one hanging free in the wind....then I would probably think they could tuck the unused one away...and I would probably think its a bit weird.

In front of friends and family, I dont ask if I can feed I just do. In front of acquaintances I will say 'i need to bf DD' and then will feed. I guess I just dont care anymore who sees me bf. Looking after a baby and 2 kids is hard work so I gotta feed DD whereever I am...I dont often have the luxury of moving to somewhere secluded....especially with two active boys.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (21-01-2013),Lozie  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybub View Post

I also don't understand those that get their boob out before even picking up the baby out of the pram. To me, that is a bit too much exposure as it is a good couple of minutes before the baby is feeding (my opinion). But having said that people have their ways of doing things that work for them, and if that's how you feed go for it. I just think with this amount of exposure it could be confronting for others. (Not the feeding aspect, the boob being out with no baby attached)
    See, to me, this could be completely reasonable when you have a wriggly baby to get to the breast. Mine is really really fussy at the moment, and I need to have the breast 'ready to go', and have two hands (yes, two, which means I have no hands free to artfully drape a 'classy' muslin cloth )to get my little girl on. To have my breast out and 'ready' (the term 'flopping out your boob' really, really offends me ) is sometimes necessary.
    It upsets me that, as a new nursing mum with her first baby, still trying to figure out how to attach, burp, put baby back on the breast and wrangle my quite leaky breasts, I have to put the sensitivities of others first. So many male commentators (on other sites) have stated things such as 'how hard is it to through a cloth over her?' Sometimes, dear boys, it IS hard. Damn hard. Unless I grow a third (and perhaps fourth) arm!

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (21-01-2013),FluffyDucks  (21-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (21-01-2013),Lozie  (21-01-2013),Phony  (21-01-2013),SPC  (21-01-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (21-01-2013),VicPark  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post
    In front of friends and family, I dont ask if I can feed I just do. In front of acquaintances I will say 'i need to bf DD' and then will feed. I guess I just dont care anymore who sees me bf. Looking after a baby and 2 kids is hard work so I gotta feed DD whereever I am...I dont often have the luxury of moving to somewhere secluded....especially with two active boys.
    Yep, same here.
    Know your audience I say
    When done right you can't see anything anyhoo.
    If my normal b/feeding style was to sit half naked,
    I'd like to think I would inform whomever was in direct view to give them the option of going somewhere else if it wasn't their cup of tea.
    I remember a FB post from a gay acquaintance once that really got me mad.
    (I've mentioned gay because I expected better from some one who would have felt social prejudice regularly)
    He posted
    "Ugh!! 8am, Getting my breakfast, do I really need to cop a load of a woman breastfeeding her child whilst eating"
    It took all I had in me not to go off on one.
    I can't count how many responses I typed in to the comments box but in the end I said nothing. Mostly because I don't like to embarrass people, it makes me cringe to see someone embarrassed.
    I just thought ,wow!
    Here's some one who has had all sorts of verbal attacks just for being himself, and yet, he has learnt nothing about acceptance of other fellow human beings.
    Anyway, that was a little off topic.
    I was just disappointed really.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (21-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    the term 'flopping out your boob' really, really offends me
    Why?

I agree, my DS is at the stage where he wants to experiment with feeding.
    It won't be long now before he's lifting my top whenever and wherever he likes, turning me into one of those over exposers I've been complaining about hehehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    Why?
    I guess because of the connotation that you are getting your breasts out wantonly, with no regard for anyone. To me it suggests that you are just carelessly flopping them around for no good reason! That's just my view though

ETA... Sorry - I didn't quote Little Smile's quote fully - my post was in response to her asking why the term 'flopping out your boob' offends me.
    Last edited by TreeGirl; 21-01-2013 at 16:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Yeah look, what I meant by insensitive was dangling your boobies in front of the husbands of women who aren't breastfeeding their babies because they just couldn't.
    Thats insensitive to other mothers in my mind.
    If there's any women on here who couldn't breastfeed their child and is still upset about it, how would you feel if at a mothers group one mother just whipped them out and fed her child in front of you and your DH ?
    Now look I'm going off an experience I've had, and these particular mothers were not in a hurry to get the child latched on if you know what I mean.
    I'm talking extreme behaviour not the average breast feeder,sorry if I'm not making myself clear, I've got two children pillow fighting on the bed behind me.
    All sympathy to women who can't breastfeed. But really if they can't hack another mum breastfeeding around them then perhaps THEY need professional help in getting over their issues. Having breastfeeding mums tip toe around them is not an effective solution. That's like saying pregnant women need to hide their big bellies so women who have had miscarriages aren't offended. Ridiculous.

And if the husband have a problem with it well then they shouldn't go to a shindig where their are going to be women with bubs. Or boobies (you never know someone might pull a Janet Jackson).
    ---- I was going to make a crack about the Husbands should just harden up but I thought that might get me into trouble

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

.... Dupe

Thanks
    Reviews

I couldn't breastfeed as long as I wanted and envied mums who could. Never ever did I feel offended or upset when a mum bf infront of me.
    I've never seen anyone let their boobs just hang about, I'm sure it'd be for the purpose of getting baby to latch, newbies are abit harder to get the right attachment. And if you can't handle something like that at mothers group, it's probably not the right place for you. Being around mums means some are going to bf infront you and don't need to warn anyone.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (21-01-2013),ToonZie  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, well ok then.
    Its not that I'm completely offended by breasts,
    I just think being so relaxed about breastfeeding in public that you can sit with it all hanging out in front of total strangers, is along the same lines of people who go out in public wearing their pyjamas.
    It's uncalled for and no one really wants to see it.
    Is there really anything wrong with people going to the shops in their pjs??? I do it all the time (mind mine are pants and a top). In fact I had to pick my mum and stepdad up and wore my pjs and even went into the house I was picking them up from... At least I was wearing something, and wasn't running around naked or anything...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

SPC  (21-01-2013)