+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good for you peanutmoneky.
    There are a lot of men who would only come to this conclusion through seeing their partner breastfeeding though. It wouldn't be normal for them , hence the awkwardness or feeling uncomfortable when faced with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

I was one of those mothers at mothers group who had wanted to BF but couldn't. It never upset me to see others do it. After all isn't that what I had wanted?

ETA: in Little Smile's defence I think if I was sitting opposite someone and they suddenly pulled out a breast so it was fully exposed (which I have never seen when someone is BF'ing) I would likely be a little disconcerted. But I would do my best not to let them know that! As I have said though I know many BFing mums and none of them ever just take out the whole breast. Most clothing doesn't allow for that anyway!
    Last edited by kw123; 21-01-2013 at 15:36.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (21-01-2013),Phony  (21-01-2013)

up in the sky so high zoom zoom zooma zoom zoom
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly with my first son i did have issues feeding and gave up after 6 weeks, saying that one of my close friends with a child the same age continued to feed and no it didnt worry me to see her flop her boob out to feed her baby, even in front of my dh, but then i again i was raised by awesome women who normalised breastfeeding my whole life so it wasnt an issue for me. i dont think of what people can and cant do when it comes to my children, If they couldnt breastfeed im sure majority of people would be happy for you that you can, not be offended that you got your boob out to feed your baby, i think that whole view is a bit petty, I have friends and family that couldnt BF, they dont mind me getting my boob out to feed, its me!
    Edit!!
    And yes it is common courtesy to say "hey my breast is coming out now to feed that screaming child" sure! And i do do that!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lozie For This Useful Post:

Phony  (21-01-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    Good for you peanutmoneky.
    There are a lot of men who would only come to this conclusion through seeing their partner breastfeeding though. It wouldn't be normal for them , hence the awkwardness or feeling uncomfortable when faced with it.
    I think that at times it is appropriate for the person who is feeling uncomforable to take responsibility for that feeling and not expect someone doing something that is natural, necessary and appropriate (feeding a baby is appropriate) to modify their behaviour.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (21-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (21-01-2013),SPC  (21-01-2013),Stiflers Mom  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Nope, unnecessarily exposing yourself in front of other mothers and their husbands is carry on. And I mean unnecessary. Not the average breastfeeding that most of us do. I'm big busted and I can feed my an without having to show the world all I've got. What I meant by carry on is sitting with a group of people at a lunch, most of which you would never have met before, their husbands there and then oh hello, full breasts popped out, no warning or, don't mind me I'm just going to feed bubs, just popped out for a good minute or so while they pick up baby and get comfortable.
    That to me is carry on.
    I think there's only so much you can expect of people you don't know.
    i wouldn't expect a man or woman I barely knew to feel comfortable with me sitting there over a lunch table with my breasts hanging out.

I agree - I think it's the polite thing to say something like "don't mind me while I feed" or "someone's hungry". Something that indicates that you're about to feed. That way if there is someone who feels uncomfy, it gives them that opportunity to either look away or move away if that's what they want to do.

I also don't understand those that get their boob out before even picking up the baby out of the pram. To me, that is a bit too much exposure as it is a good couple of minutes before the baby is feeding (my opinion). But having said that people have their ways of doing things that work for them, and if that's how you feed go for it. I just think with this amount of exposure it could be confronting for others. (Not the feeding aspect, the boob being out with no baby attached)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jellybub For This Useful Post:

Phony  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gahhh!!!
    I'm not talking about normal breastfeeding here, or the odd boob being left out accidentally.
    I'm talking about some who take their rights to breastfeed to extreme and have their FULL breast, some times two, fully exposed for way longer than necessary.
    normal breastfeed ere, I have no problem with, anywhere , any time,
    I am one.
    Prolonged over exposure of a full breast is just uncalled for and if I think that way, having breastfed two children, then I'm sure most of the general public would feel the same if not, worse about it.
    I don't think I'm being unreasonable here, and I do think there are certain places where it's a little more acceptable than others, pool side, parks, outdoors in general.
    NOT sitting across the table from virtual strangers at a meal, all the while not breaking eye contact. Am I the only one that finds that weird???

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Breastfeeding your baby at a mother's group in front of non-breastfeeding mothers is a 'carry on' that is giving us a bad name?
    ^this. Absolutely ridiculous. If u can't "flop it out" at a mothers group then there really is no hope for us all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gahhh!!!
    I'm not talking about normal breastfeeding here, or the odd boob being left out accidentally.
    I'm talking about some who take their rights to breastfeed to extreme and have their FULL breast, some times two, fully exposed for way longer than necessary.
    I am one.
    Prolonged over exposure of a full breast is just uncalled for and if I think that way, having breastfed two children, then I'm sure most of the general public would feel the same if not, worse about it.
    I don't think I'm being unreasonable here, and I do think there are certain places where it's a little more acceptable than others, pool side, parks, outdoors in general.
    NOT sitting across the table from virtual strangers at a meal, all the while not breaking eye contact. Am I the only one that finds that weird???
    Honestly I've never actually experienced anything like it and find it hard to picture! I guess I might find it a bit weird but probably wouldn't be overly worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Each to their own I suppose. Doesn't bother me who does what, whatever works for them and their baby then so be it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Gahhh!!!
    I am one.
    Never seen this anywhere. But if I did I wouldn't be bothered. I'd probably be in awe of their big boobies compared to my pathetic excuse for boobies

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hollychops For This Useful Post:

Phony  (21-01-2013)