+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Great to see how much discussion this has lead to!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (21-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (21-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (21-01-2013),ToonZie  (21-01-2013)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Hail Atropos!!!! Well done lovely!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (21-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Great to see how much discussion this has lead to!
    You should be very proud. You respresented us very well.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

You're awesome hun!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I'm going to assume this was for me?

I never said anyone had the right to judge you but they do have a right to an opinion just as you do. If they feel that you should be more discreet then they have that right to feel that. Think them ignorant or stupid or whatever you wish, but they still have the right to think it.

Let me make this very clear. I am not against breast feeding in public. You gotta do what you gotta do. Your baby is hungry and won't feed under a cloth then you don't use one full stop. I don't care either way what you do. But I do care what I do and I know that I am the type of person that will cover up just because that's who I am. Doesn't make me wrong or right. It just is.

It's lovely to see a woman breastfeeding her baby and makes me feel good but there have been times where I've seen it and it hasn't made me feel good because of the way it was done. I once had a woman at a club where I worked literally while I was talking to her, she flopped her boob out in all it's glory and breastfed bubs right then and there. I understand bubs was hungry but would it have been that hard to excuse herself from our conversation? I don't care that she was breastfeeding in our club, it's a free world but I did care that she didn't think about how I would feel about her doing it right infront of me with no warning. Even a warning would have been nice.

Anyways, I'll say it again. I love to see a woman breastfeeding her baby if I'm walking past her or what not but I didn't appreciate having that lady do it in my face.
    It was for a general reply hun, not aimed directly at you but more responsive to this general attitude.. I didn't say ignorant and stupid, I said arrogant and selfish. And I mean that towards people who see a woman feeding and ask them to cover up and/or move or to be more discreet, putting their own unneccessary discomfort before giving the probably already struggling mother a break from what is already a very hard task.

I'm sorry you felt uncomfortable and that you felt this woman was feeding her baby 'in your face', but she was just feeding her child.. No harm caused to you or anyone. People feel uncomfortable from time to time like youself because you've been hardwired to do so but telling a woman to cover up or be more discreet is encouraging that sociological dicomfort rather then overcoming it to realise it is OK to feed a baby when/where/however is best for mum and bub. I think it's sad that people feel that way about seeing a baby be fed simply because of a body part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally agree! Great article!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Told DH all the hoo hah about this whole Aquatic centre/kochie/nurse in.. He had some very, very colourful responses! (he's more blunt than I)

In short he backs you girls, gives the big thumbs up for Atropos Greenmumma and all other involved, and not very fond of Kochie lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I once had a woman at a club where I worked literally while I was talking to her, she flopped her boob out in all it's glory and breastfed bubs right then and there. I understand bubs was hungry but would it have been that hard to excuse herself from our conversation? I don't care that she was breastfeeding in our club, it's a free world but I did care that she didn't think about how I would feel about her doing it right infront of me with no warning. Even a warning would have been nice.
    I haven't read through every post but this caught my eye because of a conversation I have had with a friend about this exact thing.
    I breastfeed my DS2 but I have to agree, just whipping them out with no warning and just letting them hang there until you attach bub is just bad manners. That's my opinion.
    Doing it at a mothers group in front of other non-breastfeeding mothers and their husbands is just plain insenstive.
    Yes we are asking for some understanding and for breastfeeding to be more socially acceptable, but there is no need for over exposure and complete disregard for other people around.
    In fact I think that carry on is actually giving the rest of us a bad name.
    Most likely I'll be flamed for saying that but there you go.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (21-01-2013),jellybub  (21-01-2013),soon2bmumzy  (21-01-2013)

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What we need is more breastfeeding on television. In the backgrounds. In the cafes of Neighbours and Home and Away. I mean, Offspring is set in a maternity ward and the new series has her pregnant doesn't it? So many oportunities for positive incidental images of normal breastfeeding. Its going to be interesting to see if Kate breastfeeds the royal baby. That would make a nice stamp. The queen breastfed. Princess Mary breastfed twins.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (21-01-2013)

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    I haven't read through every post but this caught my eye because of a conversation I have had with a friend about this exact thing.
    I breastfeed my DS2 but I have to agree, just whipping them out with no warning and just letting them hang there until you attach bub is just bad manners. That's my opinion.
    Doing it at a mothers group in front of other non-breastfeeding mothers and their husbands is just plain insenstive.
    Yes we are asking for some understanding and for breastfeeding to be more socially acceptable, but there is no need for over exposure and complete disregard for other people around.
    In fact I think that carry on is actually giving the rest of us a bad name.
    Most likely I'll be flamed for saying that but there you go.
    Breastfeeding your baby at a mother's group in front of non-breastfeeding mothers is a 'carry on' that is giving us a bad name?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (21-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (21-01-2013)