+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

At the pool today, happily feeding my bpy after a swim while watching my other boy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Attached Images

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (21-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (21-01-2013),smidget3004  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    I used one in Melbourne to change DS, there was a young guy in there heating up his lunch! He apologised and promptly left. He was a shop worker from the centre though, so it wasn't too creepy.

On another note, I tried to feed in an area in Adelaide airport (ladies toilet & feeding area combined) on a small chair in the corner. Everyone that walked in stared at me, the Dyson hand dryers scared DS every time they were used, and to top it off people left their coffee/luggage for me to watch..... I gave up, took screaming DS out into the terminal and fed him there - no one looked or even cared.i decided that was the one and only time I would use a parents room to feed.
    I have had similar experiences. At Melbourne airport I had to feed on a crappy little chair in the corner of a dirty room (DS was very hungry and no chairs left in the terminal area otherwise I would have done it out there). So many women barged in saying the line was too long to the other toilets. Each time this happened DS would jump a mile because they bashed the door against the wall. One lady came in just to do her makeup.
    Also in another parents room I was in some kids were playing with the hand dryer which was so loud. DS became so upset, crying uncontrollably. Took me a good 10 minutes to calm him down.

I give up on parents rooms.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I think feeding by the pool should become the new planking
    Hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done to those that were part of this today! Kochie seemed to do nothing but contradict himself, and the reference to topless sunbathers - grrrr.

I just can't wrap my head around the whole 'be discreet' thing. You don't see anymore boob from a breastfeeding mother than you do someone in a bikini at the beach. Often you can't even tell the difference between a nursing mother and one that is just holding a sleeping baby. If anyone happens to catch a glimpse of nipple then they are looking WAY too hard.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

The issue isn't in what people see with their eyes, its what they think to themselves when they see it.

The problem is that society sees women's breasts in a purely sexual light and so for a lot of people when they see a mother nursing, their immediate reaction is one of revulsion. Because they don't see a hungry baby being nourished by his or her loving mother, instead they see an act that should happen behind closed doors (a mouth on a nipple).

To claim that its due to women 'getting it all out' is pure rot. I really wish people who have a problem with it would be honest with themselves.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (21-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (21-01-2013),RobinSparkles  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    The issue isn't in what people see with their eyes, its what they think to themselves when they see it.

The problem is that society sees women's breasts in a purely sexual light and so for a lot of people when they see a mother nursing, their immediate reaction is one of revulsion. Because they don't see a hungry baby being nourished by his or her loving mother, instead they see an act that should happen behind closed doors (a mouth on a nipple).

To claim that its due to women 'getting it all out' is pure rot. I really wish people who have a problem with it would be honest with themselves.

I also find it hard to wrap my head around what it actually is about breastfeeding that bothers people, and you're right, it's not actually seeing the boob, it's the 'act'. If this is the case there isn't even any point in 'covering up', because it's pretty obvious a mum with a muslin wrap over her shoulder and baby legs sticking out is feeding a baby, and that in itself would offend people.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    Well I wrote on his facebook wall and people are agreeing with him and arguing with me! People are so so stupid, I wish people who know nothing about breastfeeding would just STFU. Makes me want to re-lactate and breastfeed my toddlers and maybe squirt some milk on their stupid faces
    Hang on a second, aren't we after reasonable, mature debate here? Am I the only one who thinks that calling people stupid for disagreeing with you and making pretty gross threats doesn't really fall into that category?

"Shut up I don't like your opinion" is really no better than "cover up I don't like your breastfeeding" because people have a legal right to voice their opinion just like women have a legal right to breastfeed. Let's all calm down a bit and stay away from the name calling. It doesn't further your cause at all.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (21-01-2013),jellybub  (21-01-2013)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    I also find it hard to wrap my head around what it actually is about breastfeeding that bothers people, and you're right, it's not actually seeing the boob, it's the 'act'. If this is the case there isn't even any point in 'covering up', because it's pretty obvious a mum with a muslin wrap over her shoulder and baby legs sticking out is feeding a baby, and that in itself would offend people.
    Exactly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wtf does 'discrete' mean anyway? I feed 'discretely' ie no cover, it's obviously a breast but you won't be copping an eyeful of my nipple, I only get one breast out at a time and I keep my top on. If they mean discrete as in 'baby is not seen, my back is turned so I can't watch my other child or I go and sit in some parenting area with a curtain pulled across then stuff off. That's not discrete to me- that's uncomfortable, impractical and highly likely going to put me off feeding for more than a few weeks.

What's with these crazy people??? I don't think i've ever seen a breastfeeding mum be 'indiscrete' in public.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (21-01-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    Wtf does 'discrete' mean anyway? I feed 'discretely' ie no cover, it's obviously a breast but you won't be copping an eyeful of my nipple, I only get one breast out at a time and I keep my top on. If they mean discrete as in 'baby is not seen, my back is turned so I can't watch my other child or I go and sit in some parenting area with a curtain pulled across then stuff off. That's not discrete to me- that's uncomfortable, impractical and highly likely going to put me off feeding for more than a few weeks.

What's with these crazy people??? I don't think i've ever seen a breastfeeding mum be 'indiscrete' in public.
    I think it means *you can do what you like as long as you have the good grace to not do it in front of me so as to not challenge my world view on what breasts are for*.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (21-01-2013),Crazyfiasco  (21-01-2013),HugsBunny  (21-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (21-01-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (21-01-2013),MissMuppet  (21-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (21-01-2013),smidget3004  (21-01-2013),SPC  (21-01-2013),ToonZie  (21-01-2013)