+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by jellybub View Post
    I don't agree with what he said, but I also don't believe that he should apologise for having an opinion. If he apologises now, are you really going to believe it?

Yes people are allowed to breastfeed whenever and whereever, but there will always be people who do feel uncomfortable seeing it. It is just really unfortunate that such a high profile person chose to share such an opinion. It is these people who can make a difference. If he doesn't agree, he shouldn't have said anything at all.

I breastfeed my child in public, and I don't know if Koshie would call it discreet or not. But at the end of the day, I just get on with what I need to do. If I'm asked to move or cover up, I refuse, and I ignore any negative comments or people staring.
    I think he has ever right to have an opinion, even if it differs from mine. I do not think though, that it is okay for him to use his position on television to support people who have broken anti-discrimination laws and to suggest the the victim of this was in the wrong.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rlpreston For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (21-01-2013),smidget3004  (21-01-2013),Stiflers Mom  (21-01-2013),ToonZie  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/s...rights/?cs=298

According to someone in the comments this photo of my daughter and I is disgusting, offensive and almost made him "pewk" his breakfast! Nice.
    What a tool? Some people need a brain

Kochie was such a hypocrite, I think he made a statement and is too stubborn to admit he was wrong so had to keep going with it. I mean a man with 3 daughters 4 grandkids and 2 daugters breastfeeding, why wouldn't he be more supportive? He's made a fool of himself and has showed some serious flaws in his intelligence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

I couldn't bf, but will support all those who do. We're all just feeding our children.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using BubHub

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (21-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (21-01-2013),ToonZie  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Atropos, its a pity your bubba wasn't hungry during that.... I would have found it hilarious if you started breastfeeding in the middle of your interview!!!

Kochie kept contradicting himself... We should be free to feed whenever and whereever, yet we should be considerate to others around us??? So we can feed whenever and whereever, yet we have to move away to avoid offending other people???? Please explain!!!
    I heard him on 104.1 this morning and basically IMO what I feel he is saying is, yes go ahead and breastfeed wherever you like and whenever you like but just be mindful of your environment. Actually this is pretty much what he said. He's not against breastfeeding in the least. He just feels that depending on your environment and who's around you, a muslin cloth is not a bad option.

Personally, I hope to breastfeed when this bubba comes along and if she is hungry when I'm in the middle of a shopping centre or at a public pool then I will definitely still feed her, but I will be covered. Not because I'm ashamed of what I'm doing or because I don't want to be stared at or ridculed, but purely because 1. it will make me more comfortable and 2. I try to be mindful of how others around me feel. Maybe I shouldn't care, but I do. That's just who I am.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

jellybub  (21-01-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I heard him on 104.1 this morning and basically IMO what I feel he is saying is, yes go ahead and breastfeed wherever you like and whenever you like but just be mindful of your environment. Actually this is pretty much what he said. He's not against breastfeeding in the least. He just feels that depending on your environment and who's around you, a muslin cloth is not a bad option.

Personally, I hope to breastfeed when this bubba comes along and if she is hungry when I'm in the middle of a shopping centre or at a public pool then I will definitely still feed her, but I will be covered. Not because I'm ashamed of what I'm doing or because I don't want to be stared at or ridculed, but purely because 1. it will make me more comfortable and 2. I try to be mindful of how others around me feel. Maybe I shouldn't care, but I do. That's just who I am.
    Thing is though, babies like mine WILL NOT feed under a cover. I thought I would feed with a cover (mainly to hide my ridiculous boobs), but she just would not latch, take the cover away and was all systems go.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep - I was hoping Atropos' baby would spew too!

Loved the death stare!

Green mama - you and your bubba make a beautiful picture. Not at all 'pewky'.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post

I am due in a few weeks (3) and I will be breastfeeding for as ong as possible. My comment was, he is saying that if you are in a shopping centre or at a pool, to move to a parenting room or something. As was bought up in a different thread, some parenting rooms are little better than a disabled toilet. I will NOT be making my child eat in a toilet. I will be moving to somewhere that I am comfortable (ie in a restaraunt move the seat towards the corner) but not to the point where my baby and myself are completely inconvenienced. Whats the difference between giving a baby a bottle at the table and having your baby on the boob at the table??? Babies get hungry... And if it's hot, why should I make bub more uncomfortable and hot by putting a muslin wrap over its face??? Kochie contradicted himself by saying whenever and whereever, but move away from other people. That is all I am saying

Thanks
    Reviews

GreenMama - it's one of the most beautiful pics I have ever seen!

I'd like to 'pewk' all over the man that left that comment, I hope he choked on his wheaties!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (21-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I think that some people are too sensitive... I mean that in a nice way too! I really don't think that he meant he hated breast feeding or that women shouldn't be able to do it where they please, I think he more meant that feeding mothers should do it more discreetly. Times have changed breasts are now also a sexy thing rather than just a feeding tool, sure maybe he shouldn't of compared it to sunbaking topless BUT it is his opinion and everyone has one. Mine is that a baby should be fed wherever it is hungry, breast, bottle or spoon but not everyone agrees with it and its sad that so many people have taken so poorly to someone's expression of their opinion. At the end of the day does it really matter? Does it change your opinion, does it make a difference to how you do things??? NO!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Monster & Boof For This Useful Post:

jellybub  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been watching the FB page about the nurse in - not realising it was started HERE!
    (I should have guessed!)

Well done to all of those involved!

Kochie made things worse and made some ridiculous statements. IMO.

Grant doing the weather and the hand squeezy thing and his lame jokes made me pull my WTF face for sure.

Loving that it is all over the radio, DP called me this morn to say they were talking about it in ABC1233 - was great!