+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just read the SMH article....I dont like what this seems to imply:

The reaction has been heated, with threats that the Sunrise studio in Martin Place would be swamped by up to 800 angry breastfeeding advocates on Monday with protesting mothers bearing babies and baring breasts, under the plans of a Facebook group called Sunrise Nurse-In.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...#ixzz2IT56GweS
    Its seems it making it out to be just a bunch of angry women flashing boobs but its not that at all.

I know there will probably be the 'gung ho' bfers out there but I hope that they majority of women remember what its about....just being able to bf where needed without criticism or ridicule or made to feel like they are doing something wrong.

I am just afraid that the message might get lost....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (20-01-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Geesh, how naive am I to have assumed that the SMH would have reported it a bit better than "800 angry breastfeeding advocates on Monday with protesting mothers bearing babies and baring breasts" Way to go to appeal to the lowest common denominator SMH. What would have been wrong with "800 breastfeeding advocates on Monday"? It's this continual assumption that breastfeeding is a sexual act and/or boobs are for sexual function only that makes life so difficult for breastfeeding mothers!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's just media sensationalism, nothing new there! The actual nurse in will show that breastfeeding is not about "baring" breasts, so don't worry about the reporter's bid for readership. After all doesn't the Sydney Morning Herald have a 'Page 3 Girl'?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (20-01-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    It's just media sensationalism, nothing new there! The actual nurse in will show that breastfeeding is not about "baring" breasts, so don't worry about the reporter's bid for readership. After all doesn't the Sydney Morning Herald have a 'Page 3 Girl'?
    True. Hopefully everyone tuning in to cop an eyeful will just be very disappointed by the lack of bare boobs.

Kind of funny to think of the producers and censors running around trying to think of ways to hide all the nipples...that they aren't going to see.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (20-01-2013),ToonZie  (20-01-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I have no idea! I read it online and because it's not Murdoch and usually has slightly higher standards of journalism. Good grief, if it has a page 3 girl then it will be strictly ABC or SBS news online for me from now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

We've tried our best to keep the page positive and reiterate that we're not there so much to "protest" but to educate and celebrate. But of course the media would have to make out like we're a pack of lunatics...women can't do anything intelligently or calmly can they? You know, irrational and that...we're probably all just on our period!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Someone from SMH did contact me this morning and I've written to her. Hopefully it doesn't get twisted and misconstrued.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (20-01-2013),FluffyDucks  (20-01-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

On news.com.au they have an article about the nurse-in tomorrow.. You can leave a comment underneath.maybe a few ppl should leave one as a good way of reminding everyone what tomorrow is about instead of those who read the article thinking "the angry protesting mums" thingy? Just a thought

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mummakat For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

The media have really picked up on this, it's snowballing! 800? Gosh, not even 600 have said they'd come and I seriously doubt we will get half of that.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but it occured to me that maybe the producers may have a rent a crowd to keep the *vile breast-weilding she-devils* () away from the windows so you may need to get there quite early.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (20-01-2013)