+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Early Pregnancy Symptoms

Hi ladies

I had my first BFP yesterday (after much deliberation whether i should even test as i feared a negative result).

Anyhoo i spend the 14 days post ovulation googling early pregnancy symptoms as i didn't know if that's what i was experiencing or not so just wanted to share in case it helps someone out there!

Very early on.. within a few days after conception i noticed i was bloated. I have a tendancy to bloat before my period so thought nothing of it, except that it was quiet extreme to the point where my clothes felt tight which is generally not the case. But just passed it off as AFrelated as i thought there was no way i could be pregnant.

i think noticed by skin started to clear. My skin was never too bad but was perfect before i went off the pill last March but then turned feral after going off the pill due to hormones (i'm guessing and stress due to the wedding) but it started to clear a few days after conception.

then about 7 days after conception (or for the last week or so) my nipples started to become more sensitive. i usually get a similar feeling around ovulation but it disappears before AF. so thought this was unusual

i also started to get waves of nausea. Nothing too serious and would come and go throughout the day and last maybe 5-10 mins at a time. But i was also off some foods. i typically have a fairly low carb diet ie not much bread/rice etc but was craving more carbohydrates!

and then more recently i had fatigue when running. I try and run at least about 5km 3 times a week at lunch time. this last week i really struggling with the runs!

In any event, you never know until you test and there's always that doubt in your mind that it's period related. I even had my acupunturist tell me i wasn't (as apparently they can feel something in your pulse, although he admitted he wasn't attuned to it as someone with 10+ years of experience.

Just thought this info might help someone out there!!

The biggest thing that worked for me was to take a step back and relax about it. I was getting so worked up about it (and we were still early in the TTC period) but i was getting ultrasounds (and they saw a few extra cysts and i took that to be devastating but it wasn't) and had my husband tested and they found that some of the heads of the sperm wasn't great (turns out you need to have sex regularly not just around time of ovulation to optimise the sperm) and was getting so worked up that it wouldn't happen. Spoke to a friend who had recently had a baby and they had such a relaxed approach and have a baby was all about bringing them as husband and wife closer together. That's the best advice i received for me!! i wanted it to happen NOW and thats just not how it works and stressing will not help at all but not stressing will make a different.

However it's not 100% that everything is fine and things will go to full term but thought this may help.

Sorry the lengthy post but just hoped someone could benefit from my experience, as i know i was constantly googling for things!

And

Good luck

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kt1310 For This Useful Post:

AlexBrownie  (21-05-2013),Hany  (06-09-2016),mimimama  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATS, kt1310!

Such wonderful news! All the best, dear! So happy for you and hope everything goes smoothly! Blessings to you and your hubby!

Thankyou for sharing your early pregnancy symptoms experience! I have just started TTC and have also just started the TWW! Like you, I'm constantly googling everything! I am so impatient and the fact that impending AF symptoms and early pregnancy symptoms are the same drives me nuts!

Anyway, enough about me! Happy happy happy for you and hope your hubby is spoiling you crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh thanks Naomimiprincesa!! You're too kind!

What part of your cycle are you? are you playing the waiting game at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes, playing the waiting game! I guess these next 2 weeks will be interesting... That's why your post was helpful to me!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you for your post, I have been ttc since aug 2012 but have taken very relaxed approach only bd when we want, no temping or charting. I think I'm currently about 6dpo bbs are sore and very full, deffinately have bouts of nausea daily and today I have had a slight bleef hoping its implantation bleed.
    I too google everything it sucks that early pregnancy signs are the same as af.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tully78 For This Useful Post:

Hany  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tully78 View Post
    Thank you for your post, I have been ttc since aug 2012 but have taken very relaxed approach only bd when we want, no temping or charting. I think I'm currently about 6dpo bbs are sore and very full, deffinately have bouts of nausea daily and today I have had a slight bleef hoping its implantation bleed.
    I too google everything it sucks that early pregnancy signs are the same as af.
    tully78, I read on one of the other threads you may truly have some very exciting news! I am 5DPO and BBS are very sore and full too, which is unusual for this time of the month! I thought I had no symptoms until today, but thinking back, the last few days I have been extremely bloated, cramping a little bit but just generally uncomfortable in the tummy. I am so anxious but still have at least 9 days to wait until I'll test... !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mimimama For This Useful Post:

tully78  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Naomimiprincesa I have my fingers crossed for us both. My spotting as stopped so I can only wait now, the next week is going to be the longest week of my life. I have woken this morning with severe nausea which is not good as I start a new job within my company today, aghhh.
    I am sending baby dust your way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    With my most recent, my symptoms were cramping, spotting, lower back ache and constipation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my first symptom was no af! then i got mild cramping from about 6 weeks till mid pregnancy. CM Discharge increased and kept increasing for my whole pregnancy.
    I never had bleeding, nausia, sore boobs, cravings or bloating for either of my pregnancies.
    Fatigue hit really bad after 20 weeks, i was low in iron.
    oh i just remembered i did experience the runs really early on before i even took a test, but thought nothing of it! maybe it was a symptom
    Last edited by Little Miss Muffet; 21-01-2013 at 05:47.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm finding I'm very aware of my body now maybe cause we've been ttc for awhile now. Just hoping af doesn't show her ugly face next week when due. When I was utd with my dd who is 10 never had any signs throughout entire pregnancy except a massive appetite. I hope what I'm experiencing and feeling is only positive signs.