+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default TTC gurus, i have a question

If you get a positive OPK you ovulate within 12-36hrs. If you are taking your BBT and you get an ovulation dip the day after a positive OPK, does it mean the ovulation has happened or will happen the day of the dip. Basically, when you get a temp dip, will you ovulate that day, or does it mean you already have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I am not really sure about that either.
    I would say the dip is when the egg is just released and the next morning with the rise means the egg if not fertilized has been around for 24 hrs and died.
    I have tried to ask here on bh if the day of rise means the egg arrived 24 hrs before that and has now gone?
    I think I might have just answered my own question now !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Although I never took temps (Due to shift work) I believe the dip means thats past ovulation.

As far as I know. OPK's are good for prediciting when to DTD, Temping will "tell" you the day after so its a bit late then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I think your temp dips before ovulation and then spikes after ovulation and stays up until AF arrives!! that's what i saw in my charts and it generally matched my opk's!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: TTC gurus, i have a question

I always stopped using OPKs once I got a positive, but I would get a temp dip after a positive OPK, then a spike the next day. Does that help?

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: TTC gurus, i have a question

I always stopped using OPKs once I got a positive, but I would get a temp dip after a positive OPK, then a spike the next day. Does that help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Temp rise indicates ovulation happened the day before

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep i know why it dips and rises, im wanting to know when in the day of the dip does the egg get released. So if the dip is in the morning, does it mean the egg is already released? or that it is about to release that day?

I actually do want to know the day after ovulation as we are doing O+12

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews

When I was temping, I always got a dip 2 days before my temp went up. So it really varies. I'd say the dip is before, as that's when you have the most estrogen. I expect it coincides with the most abundant amount of ewcm but I haven't temped for months so I can't cross reference that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No indications of when exactly, but it appears the rise is the indication of ovulation so if the temp goes up then ovulation has happened sometime on the day of the dip.