+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 bachelor of nursing...

I'm not too worried I only found out I got an offer on Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2mj View Post
    I was hoping my info pack would arrive today but it hasn't. Once j get that then I can log on and enrol!
    The Uni rang me today to say congrats! She said that the paperwork will come in the next 7 business days. You can't enrol until the 30th of Jan regardless which is a bit annoying!

These offers were only made on the 17th of January (their first round) seems so late compared to everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by msro82 View Post
    The Uni rang me today to say congrats! She said that the paperwork will come in the next 7 business days. You can't enrol until the 30th of Jan regardless which is a bit annoying!

These offers were only made on the 17th of January (their first round) seems so late compared to everyone else!
    Oh ok, yeh that is annoying. I received a letter in the mail from uniSA today telling me about a health sciences workshop which is from the 19th - 22nd feb 9.30-4pm! It costs $395 but would be well worth it to go! Problem is I'm not sure if il be able to find someone to look after the kids so soon! Have untill the 8th feb to get enrollment form in and pay so fx I can sort some babysitter out. You would probably get one to msro82.
    Last edited by mum2mj; 22-01-2013 at 13:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

So none of your workshops are covered by HECS?

I'm just asking because after my app tomorrow I might apply to Uni sa for next year.

Thanks
    Reviews

No I don't think they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2mj View Post
    Oh ok, yeh that is annoying. I received a letter in the mail from uniSA today telling me about a health sciences workshop which is from the 19th - 22nd feb 9.30-4pm! It costs $395 but would be well worth it to go! Problem is I'm not sure if il be able to find someone to look after the kids so soon! Have untill the 8th feb to get enrollment form in and pay so fx I can sort some babysitter out. You would probably get one to msro82.
    Tassie post takes an extra day so I will probably receive that today! Might have to start looking at anatomy.

Do you have your study plan? When I got my offer I emailed a lady at the school and they sent me back my study plan based on part time. There is only the one subject in Study Period 2 (however it is a large unit) and 2 in the next study period.

I hope I get the enrollment pack this week, with Monday being a public holiday I need it by Tuesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My study plan consists of 2 units each semester for part time. Approx 20 hours per week (give or take). Whether or not your eligible for HECS mainly depends on whether you have a Commonwealth Supported Place.

For those who don't know here is too great websites to find out which books you need (if you require them)

http://www.unibooks.com.au/

http://www.coop.com.au/bookshop/home/homepage.html

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by msro82 View Post
    Tassie post takes an extra day so I will probably receive that today! Might have to start looking at anatomy.

Do you have your study plan? When I got my offer I emailed a lady at the school and they sent me back my study plan based on part time. There is only the one subject in Study Period 2 (however it is a large unit) and 2 in the next study period.

I hope I get the enrollment pack this week, with Monday being a public holiday I need it by Tuesday.
    No I don't have my study plan.. Who did you email? I'm curious now I want my study plan! I will be going to the workshop, turns out dp is home the day before it starts which is great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks heaps for the links for buying textbooks...they are so expensive!

Have my list of what I need to buy and will buy a couple each fortnight. I think it'll be the only way. Thankfully I will get reimbursed for some of them, but finding the money outright is just as difficult.

I'm desperately hoping CQU has a workshop or two. I haven't even looked at a science textbook since grade 10, so a little rusty. I do have orientation from the 19th - 21st of Feb, but that's just more of an overview of 'life at uni.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    First try and look for second hand books but do your research as University books update every few years and you don't want to spend your money on something that is outdated.

Also I have another great link

www.booko.com.au

Just type in your book and it will tell you the cheapest place, including shipping to buy them. I've found some of my books for 50% + off the retail price.