+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Stratch that mum2mj they have them at Aldi from 26th for $8. The spaces arent huge but if you use a fine point whiteboard marker your fine. Any thing that is super important and wont fit I put a star in the box and write it in the notes section on the side of the board.

@ Forever mine

Having already studied mental health do you have any tips for juggling time?
    When do you find is the best time to study? When the kids are in bed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My course was an 18 month course stuffed into 15 weeks and I managed in 10 weeks.
    I went to class 3 days a week for 5 hours a day and because I was so far ahead I could just use that time to study and work on assignments.

I found the best time to study was at night when the kids were asleep. I would never go past midnight because then my next day was a complete ride off. Spent my weekends at the computer and had absolutely no life...but I loved it!!

I made lists. For everything. From study stuff, family, appointments etc. Got myself into an study routine which I thrived on because I knew what had to be done and when.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverMine For This Useful Post:

kjanexx  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 bachelor of nursing...

Quote Originally Posted by kjanexx View Post
    Stratch that mum2mj they have them at Aldi from 26th for $8. The spaces arent huge but if you use a fine point whiteboard marker your fine. Any thing that is super important and wont fit I put a star in the box and write it in the notes section on the side of the board.
    Damn there is no aldi in south aust. I might just see how my app on my iPad goes! I don't really hve anywhere to hang a massive yearly calander anyway!

Forevermine you sound like superwoman finishing an originally 18 month course into 10 weeks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going into the second half of first year nursing (Part time external with CDU). Been good so far. Not looking forward to anatomy though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by summerly View Post
    I'm going into the second half of first year nursing (Part time external with CDU). Been good so far. Not looking forward to anatomy though.
    Iv downloaded a few apps to try and get a kick start on learning about the anatomy! It's very hard!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all congrats to those commencing uni this year!!

I have also been offered a place for bachelor of nursing at Deakin. I'm waiting to receive all the info so don't know much at this stage. I work 3 days per week and would like to fit my subjects in around this. If I can't I'll need to find evening work ASAP. I also have 2 boys 5 and 2 so it will be a busy few years.

im sooooo excited I wish the detailed info pack/email would arrive I'm anxious to enrol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 2boys4me View Post
    Hi all congrats to those commencing uni this year!!

I have also been offered a place for bachelor of nursing at Deakin. I'm waiting to receive all the info so don't know much at this stage. I work 3 days per week and would like to fit my subjects in around this. If I can't I'll need to find evening work ASAP. I also have 2 boys 5 and 2 so it will be a busy few years.

im sooooo excited I wish the detailed info pack/email would arrive I'm anxious to enrol.
    Congrats, I know what you mean, I am hanging for my info pack so I can enrol! Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday I get it! What uni are you going to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've gotten into deakin in Melbourne, it's a bit over half an hour away so I'm still crossing my fingers I get a second round offer for RMIT or Latrobe as they are only 10 mins away. If not that's ok it will just mean more travelling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I enrolled in my classes a few weeks back and have had a play around. Will be doing 4 subjects which I need 9 textbooks for and the online reading is insane!

My degree can be completely paperless if I choose. CQU even send you USB's in the mail with the information on it instead of print.

It's so unbelievably daunting - I'm not sure how I'm supposed to fit everything in. I've already doubted myself and wondered if I should wait until the kids are older, but have got to stop thinking so negatively.

...if only I'd done my degree straight out of high school before kids!

Thanks
    Reviews

Forevemine, I wish I hadv know what I wanted to do before I left high school but here I am 7 years later with 3 kids. But I think something that will help me through is knowing I will be my girls roll models as they get older.