+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 2013 bachelor of nursing...

Congratulations. I'm an RN too and love my job. I've been on mat leave and am going back part time, next week.
    True, while the pay isn't poverty level, sometimes for what you do and go through there could be more coming your way.lol ... But... You don't do it only for the money.
    Nursing is hard and challenging on so many levels, but so so rewarding. Dive into this opportunity. It really is fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yes if you want to be a nurse it has got to be for the love of the job not the money, iv come across quite a few nurses who should not have chosen that career. Why study it in the first place of your heart isn't in it 100% to begin with?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nursing

I just got accepted to study Bachelor of Nursing at ACU.
    When does everyone start?
    For those who have completed this course what did you find was the best tool/resource to keep you on the ball. I'm a mum to a 9 month old boy and I know distractions like dinner and laundry often steal my time.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kjanexx View Post
    I just got accepted to study Bachelor of Nursing at ACU.
    When does everyone start?
    For those who have completed this course what did you find was the best tool/resource to keep you on the ball. I'm a mum to a 9 month old boy and I know distractions like dinner and laundry often steal my time.

Thanks

Yay congratulations, I'm not 100% on when I start yet I think it's late feb. but il be receiving an info package sometime next week from my uni so it should tell me in that!

I have 3 kids under 5 and am going to try and be extremely organised. I have just downloaded an app on my iPad and iPhone called family Callander and its so good. You add each family member and add what they have on for any day! This will come in extremely handy, I plan on putting everything that I plan on doing in it like an appointment (even food shopping lol) and try my hardest to stick to it as I'm studying externally I will need to do this and I don't really want to fall behind. Il be starting off part time and see how I go in the first year. Hopefully I will be able to go full time in second year.

Sorry for rambling, I'm a tad excited lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nursing

I'm also starting off part time. Although I'm studying internally because external isn't available where I am. Thank goodness the uni is only 15 minutes away.
    I'm not sure if you have tried it but I've found weeks where I simply can't find time to grocery shop and online shopping becomes a godsend. Although I prefer to get my fruit and veg fresh its perfect for everything else and it keeps me away from buying stuff I know I don't need but I get anyway.
    I've enrolled in my units and orientation for me starts 18th Feb. Super excited too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes iv had my groceries delivered a couple of times. I will probably do this alot when I start studying. I will enrol hopefully next week after I get my package! Oh that's good it's only 15 mins away! If I was to do internal I would be travelling either 45-60 min drive or about an hour train ride! Not gonna like having to travel when I do need to go in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just think of when we are finished. It will be well worth it. Once we settle into a routine it will get easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also Mum2mj before you try out every planner on the planet check out this http://m.officeworks.com.au/mt/www.o...anners/AC10470

I brought mine two years ago and it is still going strong. My partner loves it because he can just go into the study and see if we have anything planned or any appointments which is also extra convenient when making appointments on the phone (not having to minimize the call, go into calendar etc)

I wouldn't normally spend that much on just a planner but in my books its paid for itself time and time again.

Thanks
    Reviews

How big are the spaces to write things in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Afternoon ladies...

I found out a few weeks ago I got accepted to nursing at CQU. I have 3 kids aged 6 , 3 (almost) and 14 months.

I will be studying fulltime via distance and already am severely overwhelmed with the infomation and what not being thrown at me. Hoping though once I have done orientation things won't be so unclear and daunting.

I recently finished study mental health so am hoping to become a mental health nurse once I'm completed.