+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh ok! I got ya! Wow 50% that's alot!

So what's everyone doing to get prepared for the start of study? I feel like I should be trying to get a head start somehow but not sure how!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've spent the last couple of nights wrapping my head around everything i need to get done before SP5. Police Clearance, First Aid, Vaccinations, Uniform, name badge etc! So much to get done.

I'd be keen to get into study but can't find the G&NH page to access lecture notes... but doubt they've have anything up yet anyway.

We have to do some rearranging in our house so i can have a study area set up. My youngest is currently still in our room, but i want to move him in with his sister this weekend so i can set up a desk in my room! Only problem is he still wakes a lot at night, so he's probably going to wake his sister up.

So my preparation is setting up my study area, organising two monitors (so much easier for summarising lecture slides), getting a folder for paperwork, and making up a timetable to stick on the wall so i know when assignments are due etc!

I also remember when i last studied i made up some motivational messages and put them around my desk on the wall. Really helped to keep me focussed and get good results!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi guys,

Been a while since I've been here - been so busy with uni!

Have settled in nicely. (I think!) Went up to my campus last weeks for O week which settled a lot of nerves thankfully.

Watched my first 4 lectures for anatomy and physiology yesterday, alongside my lecture notes and wrote 14 pages of notes! Was really worried about A&P but it all made sense.

About to tackle my other 3 subjects for the remainder of the week. Just hoping I can maintain this momentum. Am aiming to do this degree in 2 years instead of 3 so it's all a bit nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so confused at when I need to be doing things.. Being part time I'm unsure of when I have to put down my preferences for placements etc! And I can't find the discussion forum for my first course!! So stressed right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you doing ELA1 in SP5 mum2mj? If not, i wouldn't be concerned about preferences yet. I have no access to a discussion forum yet either. Would be nice to be able to start chatting with others doing the same subject!

ForeverMine - must be a pretty full-on 2 years ahead for you!! Will you be doing Summer School?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup, summer school for me. 3 terms instead of 2. 12 subjects over the academic year. I still have my post grad in mental health to do which is a year, so really I still have 3 years to go...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's certainly pretty full on!! A friend of mine did her B. Nurs then did a post grad in Mental Health. She loves working in that area.

Why are you interested in Mental Health?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't think I am midlife.

Wow your in for a busy 2 years forevermine.

I emailed my course lecturer and the discussion forum isn't actually up yet she was just Staying on the ball. It will be up and running next week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last year I completed a diploma of mental health (sort of just fell into it - had nothing else to do!) and my lecturer told me that I had to go to uni to become a mental health nurse.

So...I did. I figured she had 25 years worth of mental health nursing experience, I should probably listen.

Plus it fascinates me. The brain, how it works, mental health etc. Eventually I would love to be in forensic mental health nursing and work in a jail setting.

Has anyone else thought what 'sort' (for lack of better word!) nursing you'd like to major in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to eventually get into pediatric nursing or neonatal nursing. I don't think I have to do further study for either.