+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Would a short course in A&P have helped you before studying midwifery?

I will be applying to study midwifery next year and am wondering if I should do a short bridging course in A&P. I studied nutritional medicine a couple of years ago (didn't complete it) and A&P was one of the first subjects. I found it very interesting and manageable but to be honest a bit overwhelming.

I still have my textbook which is of course only a couple of years old so I planned on studying this a lot over the next year to get me back into it. But now I'm thinking a short course (online) could be worthwhile. There is one starting in a couple of weeks and while it will be a challenge with DD (5 months) I think it could help me out.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews

I did an A&P unit through Open Uni in 2010 (online) and with just that and the STAT test I was accepted into a B.mid course for 2011. I hadn't done any study after completing year 12, so I'd say it was definitely a big part of why I got in. You have nothing to lose, so I highly recommend giving it a go

Good luck with it all, how exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks! I did the stat test a couple of years ago and did pretty well, so fingers crossed! Excellent, I'm going to sign up for it today yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    certainly can't hurt! It is a lot to get your head around, so at the very least having done something is a great start.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RHJ For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (18-01-2013)